Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake attached to IAT sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Default intake attached to IAT sensor

When i purchase the vehicle the IAT sensor was not connected to the short ram air intake because it didnt have a port for it.IAT sensor was just hanging there.
I replace the air intake with a FULL cool air intake from some off brand but it also did not have a port for the IAT sensor. so i just taped it up.I was wondering if i should just drill a hole into the intake and use a grumit to hold it in place?
A mechanic (the one who sold and installed the cool air intake) said it doesnt need to be connected and it wont hurt the performance of the car just said to tape it up. Now my cel is on and the car is running kind of crappy.It seems like it doesnt want to accelerate quickly.
What do people do that owns a honda civic that came across same problem. Thank you for your time.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

Ok, yes your going to want to drill a hole into the piping and use a grommelt like you said. That should be really easy for you to do, just make sure you clean out any metal shards in the piping...dont want that going into your engine lol.

Also this will fix your cel. And just so you know your car goes into limp mode when the cel comes on. It will run sluggish. Dont worry your engine isnt going to take a crap on you. But honestly your mechanic is kinda retarded for telling you that....

Old 04-17-2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by croninc
Ok, yes your going to want to drill a hole into the piping and use a grommelt like you said. That should be really easy for you to do, just make sure you clean out any metal shards in the piping...dont want that going into your engine lol.

Also this will fix your cel. And just so you know your car goes into limp mode when the cel comes on. It will run sluggish. Dont worry your engine isnt going to take a crap on you. But honestly your mechanic is kinda retarded for telling you that....
Thanks man i appreciate all your help.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:14 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Yeah, I wouldn't let that mechanic touch your car anymore, after he told you that... With that sensor not being connected, it's sending false information to your computer, making it run rich or lean. Do what croninc recommended, asap, and you'll be good to go!