Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake loudness

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Default RE: intake loudness

[&:]most people dont even know the difference between a CAI and a SRI. Ill let yall do yalls own research and find that the V2 has been proven to not be as effective as its claimed to be. A SRI takes in hotter air, for those who dont know, hotter air makes the engine perform like ****. IMO i would go with a CAI. And lastly, dont worry about sound, worry about performance, the loudest exhaust and intake wont give you a victory. Sorry for raining on your subject.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:39 AM

its not loud. i have aem sri and its fine..i liked the sound b4 i put on my greddy..now i love my greddy =). but yeah performance wise? wow, cai will pull MAYBE 1-2 more ponies..that sri will be fine.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:44 AM

(Sigh) What I meant by performance wise for all you claim to know it all, I meant that hotter air creats denser air in the engine. And for those who think they know but really dont, denser air in the engine can lead to a lot more problems depending on the engine condition. Things like detonation or pre-ignition can occur. I wasnt talking about 1-2 HP. Perfomance is not only measured in HP, if you think it is, tell me how much HP you get out of a performance radiatior or fuel or oil pump? Performance can mean effiecincy also, try not jumping the gun so much.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:17 AM

lol man im not here to start anything. you seem like you know your stuff so props. i was just pointing out that it will only add a few ponies, performance is not only in HP, that is very true.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:19 PM

97, sorry for being an *** in that post, i had a hard night, anyway im just trying to help people just like you, Im not here to start anything either, thanks for the compliment bro, peace...

Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 PM
HCF Member

denser air in the engine can lead to a lot more problems depending on the engine condition. Things like detonation or pre-ignition can occur.
What is detonation and pre-ignition?

Old 02-22-2006, 11:12 PM

Its when the cylinders fire to early.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:29 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: travman82

I'm ordering an aem sri and i need to know how loud it would be because i am going for the loud but not to loud and are cat converters neccesary.
Intakes sound awesome, you'll love it.

Um, are you asking if you need a cat on the intake? Because, no, there's no cat on the intake.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:00 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete

ORIGINAL: TorGa3iGhT

it's not gonna turn heads or anything if u are driving by someone.

Sure it will. When u get on it the SRI is going to scream. Its a deep balsy throaty sound. Your MPG are going to go down for a bit, because ur going to be punching it all the time. When u drive normal u wont really hear it, but the first time u punch it with the windows down your going to be amazed, its pretty loud in the cabin, and it sounds really good outside.

+1

It will scream. If you pop on the gas pedal (like hit it and let go quickly) youll hear it make a big sucking noise. Its pretty cool.

Also, while the engine is running, you can put your ear up tp it and hear the air moving in to the engine.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Check this out. Some say it's comparable to the sound of a turbo, to which I beg to differ. However, in that clip listen close to when I hit the top of first gear, you will hear it peak and die down.

Turn your speakers up

EDIT: The High pitched noise jsut before 3 seconds into the vid is what I'm referring to.. ...and keep in mind that's a CAI not an SRI

Quick Reply: intake loudness