Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

intake or muffler or both

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Default intake or muffler or both

hey....newbie here..just got my 93 civic coupe DX 2 months ago

i wanted to put a magnaflow muffler on ...not too loud...and also an short ram intake....should i get both or one over the other....and i was wondering if to get intake...are there any suggestions...im looking for a descent intake but like under 100 bucks Cdn

thanks

Old 06-27-2005, 02:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: intake or muffler or both

The best thing for u to do is accutly spend some of ur money and dont be a cheap skate. I would suggest the intake by the way on the intake i would perfer for you to go cold air i have picked a lot of power with it. I have the AEM V2 CAI. On the exhaust thats up to u I also installed a Tanabe super medallion TI catback system. It sounds great but i have a full exhuast.( from Header back.)

Old 06-27-2005, 03:54 PM
HCF Member

The best thing for u to do is accutly spend some of ur money and dont be a cheap skate.
I think what he meant to say was... the best thing to do is to buy a quality intake or exhaust that you will give you the performance and durability that you want, instead of a less expensive product that will let you down.

Putting on just a muffler is only going to give you a different sound, whereas the intake will give you a sportier sound and some power gains. The AEM is considered one of, if not THE, best intake on the market, but if you are working with a $100 budget I would suggest you search the classifieds on here or e-bay. Someone was just selling an AEM CAI for 50 bucks. I hear good things about Injen too and I believe they are a little less expensive than AEM.

As far as the muffler goes, hold off until you can save enough for a good Cat-back system. It includes larger mandrel bent piping from the catalytic converter all the way to a quality high-flow muffler.

If you have the money, by all means get both, as together they work better than either on their own. But as far as which one first, it's up to you.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:37 PM

thanks guys