Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

lists of I/H/E

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 12:26 PM
HCF Member
Default lists of I/H/E

so i was thinking...we get a LOT of questions (id estimate about 65-70% of the threads here) are about 'which intake/header/exhaust/whatever should i get?' and its really irritating having to answer the same question over and over and over...

so heres what im thinking. we come up with a list of all the IHE we have used/have/have installed before. we name the name, price/price area, and what it does to your car. these need to be un-biased reviews (meaning you cant make it sound like your selling a product or staying away from) so the person can decide what they want by whats described, not by what the writer thinks about the product.

the way it would look would be something like this:

GReddy EvoII: price-(whatever you paid for it). This exhaust has a low note and a raspy tone. It is fairly quiet from outside and just as quiet from the inside. Almost 100% silent at idle and picks up a deep tone at around 3.5k. The gain is fairly noticeable and gas milage raised about 3 or 4 mpgs on average.

something short and simple like that. if you guys could do this for your mods as you do them/as you have done them in the past...it would be great. wed get a lot less of these 'which whatever' questions. PM me your reviews and we can get this started.

i will also credit you for your IHE reviews.

thanks!

Old 05-21-2006, 01:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: lists of I/H/E

Here's what I have for I, H, E...

AEM V2 Short Ram Intake: worth every penny, noticeable HP gains, but nothing crazy, excellent sound, almost like an exhaust but softer, screams at 5-7000 rpms. couldn't be happier with it.

DC Sports One Piece 4-1 Polished Stainless Steel Header: the best kind they make for my engine, many different styles and finishes for different rides. excellent header, noticeable gains, easy install

APEXi World Sport 2 Catback Exhaust: unbeatable sound, very noticeable hp gains, quiet at low rpms, roars at highs... the 2 best in my opinion are the Greddy EVO2 and the WS2...I heard both plenty of times and the WS2 sounds 10 times better than the EVO2...

Old 05-21-2006, 01:25 PM
HCF Member

There are a million I/H/E out there. For instance, I just asked about a buddy club exhaust, Noone on here has it. So whos gonna do the review on it? Its a great idea, but its only gonna work for the people who ask about comin brands i.e. Aem vs Injen... It will definitely cut down on the "what intake" posts. But I would still have to post up asking if anyones heard anything good about the buddy club exhaust. Naw' mean?

Old 05-21-2006, 02:21 PM

GReddy Evo II - i paid about 470 for it. a GREAT exhaust, the sound is very deep and quiet from the inside. not an annoying sound @ all nice sound throughout the whole range. only downer is the rust but i live in the northwest so that is the weather.

AEM SRI - about 75 shipped on ebay. it gets the job done. dont expect the huge gains at all, the biggest difference is the sound. a nice addition though, i highly recommend it if your not wanting to spit out 200+ for the cai.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:53 PM
HCF Member

I had been thinking about this too. I was gonna make Official Intake, Header, and Exhaust threads individually and sticky them.

The intake one would be SRI vs. CAI and whatever info or experience we all have with them. I would want everybody to chime in (even Sac, OMG!) and then be done with it.

For the headers I would want dynos and fitment and install info. Not, "Holy crap! DC-S is teh pwns, yo!!!111!" We dont' need butt-dynos and opinions. Just the facts, Jack.

For the Exhausts I wanted to include sound clips. That would help a ton. Everybody says, "Nice low, sporty tone." Bullcrap.

You know?

Old 05-21-2006, 09:16 PM

K&N FIPK - Easy to install ~35 min. has a shroud around the filter to block some of the heat. Probably not as good as a CAI but you don't have to go in to the fender well to install/clean the filter. Might be better than the SRIs out there because of the shroud. MUCH louder. Excellent fitment. $160 on ebay

DC Sports 4-2-1 no detectable noise difference, excellent low-mid power improvement. I race a guy i work with regularly and I couldn't hold him with the intake. The headers make it a race and he gets me by a fender. That's about as objective as it gets. These things work, they're quiet and a big bang for the buck. - $265 on ebay + 45 install.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:56 AM
HCF Member

thats about what i was thinking too.

i'll start pulling this together later. im at school right now but when i get home i'll start the thread.

and 05 civic...i'll make a note of that at the top...basically that there are hundreds if not thousands of different exhausts out there and these are only a few that our users have used.