Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

LX header/catback exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Default LX header/catback exhaust?

Hello, I'm new to the car scene but willing to learn as much as I can. I drive a 2003 Honda Civic LX with auto. I want to work on the exhaust system and the header.

Question is, what do I need to do to make this happen? Like what kind of header that is compatible on the LX? The catback and exhaust system?

Old 01-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Default RE: LX header/catback exhaust?

i've said this a couple times already in this section of the site,but i got a 93 civic ex/coupe.got the cat back exhasut with custom piping with a magnaflow muffler for $230,maybe you can find it or that?check atleast 3 different places,in your city,and in the city next to u.

you can also get an intake for it,a cold air intake or a short ram intake...i like the short ram intakes better.there's many brands to choose from,or you can get an aftermarket one(like me) on ebay,for around $40 bucks,easy to install.my ride's automatic too by the way

Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

Im new myself in the car mods. well I started with the aftermarket or I should claim as generic intake. and I also replaced my plugs with 9mm ngk wires and plugs. Installed grounding kit and also installed megan muffler. Next on the list is the full exhaust and headers, strut bars (rear and front). And thats it for now.....Coz I only have a 99 civic ex sohc coupe...

Old 01-22-2008, 05:13 PM

Go to procivic.com

On the right hand side of the homepage you can put in your vehicle's info and it will automatically only show parts that fit your car when you start browsing the store.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: NoahLX
Question is, what do I need to do to make this happen? Like what kind of header that is compatible on the LX? The catback and exhaust system?
Meganracing.com has a headers and the drift spe exhaust for your LX but you may want to do the EX convertion......i did that on my 05 LX and it seems like its better, plus no cat in the way anymore, but you wont pass emmissions without a cat

Old 01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
HCF Member

should have gotten a cat[>:] no point in polluting more than you have to.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: NoahLX

Hello, I'm new to the car scene but willing to learn as much as I can. I drive a 2003 Honda Civic LX with auto. I want to work on the exhaust system and the header.

There are various car part websites that can help you select parts that only fit on your car. If you want to do the work yourself, I would suggest that you get a Haynes repair manual, metric tools, a jack and jack stands, and a dremel tool with cutting wheels. The dremel tool is used to cut rusted bolts off.
I would suggest that you learn to do some simple, minor tune-up tasks. Replace oil and oil filter, replace distributor cap and rotor, replace air filter,replace fuel filter, clean/regauge/replace spark plugs, replace PCV valve,three-angle valve job onthe cylinder head...
Exhaust parts are relatively simple upgrades to do on your own because they don'tinvolve moving parts and don't require a highly technical aptitude. You remove nuts and bolts, remove part, put on new part, replace gaskets and seals, screw on nuts and bolts, and finally... log on to hondacivicforum.com if the parts don't fit and your car doesn't run.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:54 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: my05civic
I really dont care, when my car gets 400+ on a 12 Gal tank of gas, and some cars get 8-12 MPG I really could care less about it, when those other cars stop running then i will run a cat.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: tknaub

ORIGINAL: my05civic
I really dont care, when my car gets 400+ on a 12 Gal tank of gas, and some cars get 8-12 MPG I really could care less about it, when those other cars stop running then i will run a cat.
<rant>

Wow. The polar ice caps and future generations thank you for your wholly ignorant point of view.

If everybody took your attitude, then nobody would do ever do anything. You shouldn't worry about what your neighbour's MPG is, just worry about what you can do. If you have children or plan to have children some day, do them a favour and think about throwing a cat on that bad boy.

$0.02

</rant>

Old 01-24-2008, 12:21 PM

i've got an '04 lx 4-door. personally i work suspension first, but for exhaust and intake i'd choose a dc or magnaflow catback depending on how loud you want it, and a k&n or injenshort ram intake. you're kinda limited w/ headers, so dc might be your only option besides goin custom.

Quick Reply: LX header/catback exhaust?