Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

muffler help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 03:07 PM
HCF Member
Cool muffler help please!

Alright well i have a 2006 civic its a 1.8 2 door i think its a lx/dx..?
well anyways i was looking to get a new exhaust system but my birthdays coming up and i get to spend a 100 dollars on any car part as a present so i was thinking maybe i should just get a muffler now and a cat back later...?
im eventually planning on getting a turbo so would this be fine? or should i just wait for the whole system to get a little wider tubing?

&& i love how this muffler looks but I've done enough research to know that ebay brands well.... u get were im going with this.. so bottom line, is this a decent muffler or is it eBay crap? The brands "kool vue" which i have never heard of thus leading to this.... and if it is crap anyone know where i can get a decent one with a similar style...? cause like i said, i can digg this muffler
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUFFL...item563baa709f
any advice and opinions would be really helpful thanks!

Old 04-26-2010, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

Please do not buy that muffler. Looks like crap. Honestly you arent going to get far with a 100 bucks. What you could do now is just get a muffler like you said and then later down the road get a custom exhaust welded up to the muffler. Also the lx/dx do not have a good engine to boost, so you might want to rethink your turbo plans...it will also be very expensive.

This exhaust has my vote - http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Me...&Store_Code=EM

Old 04-26-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

^ i second his first part...that muffler looks terrible im sorry to say. But i do like the oem/turbo look that Croninc showed u. That ones a bit pricey u could probably find a cheaper one somewhere. And like he said if u do get a muffler now and turbo later u could just get a modified exhause itd just cost u more. If i were u id just save the $100 towards a whole exhause system. The headers, cat, and muffler. IDK if ur allowed to do that with ur bday money or not but thats just what id do. or maybe just stick with a no name "turbo" muffler that u like that only costs like $75. Thats what i did and it sounds AMAZING! i mean the guy did a crappy job installing it and put a used tip on it but if u made sure that they did it right omfg itd sound amazing even w/ a stock motor (like mine).

Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

There are multiple issues with the muffler you wanted to purchase. The two tip end, is not only ugly but useless. It will cause a horrible sound as well. There is no reason to run a 3.25 exit on your exhaust system. Ever.
What you want to do is have the same size pipe from intake/throttle body/header/pipes/muffler. Everything needs to match. If you do chose to get an exhaust, go from header back. 2.25 would be fine. I like to attend car shows and talk to people with the same car I have. See what exhaust they ran and how it sounds. Its a lot easier to find what you want that way. =)
And as chronic said, don't boost that car.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

alright pretty helpful thanks... cronic i went to a shop and saw one for 105 (without installation) but it seemed good one tipped silencer with adjuster looked pretty nice... im thinking that one.. the one u showed is pretty nice but it is a little pricey....

i know this is moving away from the forum topic but since the lx/dx is not a good engine to b00st (why by the way?) what would be some good upgrades for the car? like i said im getting the exhaust, have a short ram intake, and planning on header too.. but can u guys please give me suggest on making my ride a beast??

total noob trying to learn...

Old 04-26-2010, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

P.s advice taken but i still like how it looks though!

Old 04-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Chubby Chaser

how old are you...16? how about saving your money and putting it towards something more useful in life, instead of trying to rice your civic or make it ""beast" ..... to me you sound young and very unexperienced about cars. it seems to me you would be one of those kids who try and street race their car and end up crashing it. instead of trying to put that muffler on, how about going for a clean look, have you thought about buying some nice speakers, or floor mats. 100$ for parts for a 06 civic isnt gonna get you anything really, use the 100$ and go take your parents or a friend out somewhere and enjoy life because its short lived.

google your car and read about it, find out what motor it has, how it runs, you need to do some research before just saying i want turbo just because it sounds cool or you seen it in a movie.
punisherokc gave some really good advise, look around and ask other people who have the same car as you, what works and what doesnt. also what problems they have had since owning and driving it. so you will know what to look for and expect.

Last edited by 94civichatchback; 04-27-2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:55 AM
HCF Member

ah fyi i do have floor mats, seat covers, and a complete ken wood sound system... oh and some blue neon ya kinda tacky but i like how they look.... trust me im not a newb to cars just to THIS car and yes im inexperienced so thats why im asking questions

Old 04-27-2010, 06:03 AM
HCF Member

and ya i am pretty young i dont see a problem with that... except everything

Old 04-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Chubby Chaser

could you post pics of your cool car and and interior. maybe we can give you the right advise. we were all once that age and seen fast and the furious and played need for speed and wanted our cars to look like that with the cool bodykits and big rims and loud exhaust and awsome neon lights, but then we grew up and relized wtf was i thinking that **** is ricey and tacky as hell, and causes all the wrong attention (cops like ricers, and thieves) we tell you these things for a reason and from experience. we were stupid and wasted money. bodykits are hideous and also they cost to much and after a little bit they crack and break. any red or blue lights will get you a nice ticket.and the loud exhaust is annoying as hell and will also get you a nice ticket

Quick Reply: muffler help please!