Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

muffler help please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:57 AM
HCF Member

Your still centered upon the looks of your muffler? Looks don't mean a damn. Period. Its all about the quality and the sound produced by the muffler. And the proper muffler install does not show the muffler at all. All that should show is the end pipe as it bends out the stock exit of the bumper.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:25 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g (Cx to HxS)
^ i second his first part...that muffler looks terrible im sorry to say. But i do like the oem/turbo look that Croninc showed u. That ones a bit pricey u could probably find a cheaper one somewhere. And like he said if u do get a muffler now and turbo later u could just get a modified exhause itd just cost u more. If i were u id just save the $100 towards a whole exhause system. The headers, cat, and muffler. IDK if ur allowed to do that with ur bday money or not but thats just what id do. or maybe just stick with a no name "turbo" muffler that u like that only costs like $75. Thats what i did and it sounds AMAZING! i mean the guy did a crappy job installing it and put a used tip on it but if u made sure that they did it right omfg itd sound amazing even w/ a stock motor (like mine).
dont listen to him....

Originally Posted by joel224
alright pretty helpful thanks... cronic i went to a shop and saw one for 105 (without installation) but it seemed good one tipped silencer with adjuster looked pretty nice... im thinking that one.. the one u showed is pretty nice but it is a little pricey....

i know this is moving away from the forum topic but since the lx/dx is not a good engine to b00st (why by the way?) what would be some good upgrades for the car? like i said im getting the exhaust, have a short ram intake, and planning on header too.. but can u guys please give me suggest on making my ride a beast??

total noob trying to learn...
Look, with cars you pay what you get for, its just that simple. If you get a cheap exhaust it will probably not sound the best and it has a good chance of rusting. The exhaust I posted is very nice, has a nice tone...thus the price. Its also coated with paint so it doesnt rust. You obviously dont really kno much about cars lol because if you did you would realize that the intake/header/exhaust route is a waste of money the yields minimal hp gains on our little 4bangers. I bet you dont even know what type of engine you have in your car and your already thinking about boosting. Honestly you should slowwwww down. If i was 16 or 17 i would have been using that 100 bucks on weed and alcohol lmao! But its ur cash do as u please we can only offer advice!

Old 04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
HCF Member

lights are in the interior cant see cause of the tinted widows(legal). exhaust has adjustable silencer. car has low jack
. kinda thought of everything right....?

Old 04-27-2010, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

hmmmm....