Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

New Magnaflow or used DC Sport Cat???

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 08:07 AM
HCF Member
Default New Magnaflow or used DC Sport Cat???

Hi everyone, kind of new to this site but been looking for months. I have searched all the stuff on Magnaflow, Greddy, Megan, and DC Sports exhausts. Well now im stuck I have been to a Meineke guy that says he would build me a custom cat back for around $400. Then I have seen the New Magnaflow Cat Back on ebay for $395 shipped including free high flow converter or spark plugs. But I have also seen a slightly used DC Sports Cat Back for $285 shipped???? Im trying to find the same thing the majority of everyone wants, good low deep tone, something that will not get me pulled over and also performance gains. Any ideas or inputs would be great. I just bought a '00 Blk Civic EX Coupe and im trying to fix it up.

Old 10-08-2005, 08:58 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: New Magnaflow or used DC Sport Cat???

Welcome to the forum! I think you would be happy with either the Maganflow or the DC Sports. Chossing between those two though, the DC exhaust is priced well, just make absolutely sure that it was taken care of and not damaged in any way. If you don't trust the person, or can't tell what type of shape it's in, don't get it. Magnaflow is a very good brand, so you can't go wrong there either. Exhaust is something you will have on your car forever and so even if you spend a little extra, it's something that will stay with you for the life of your car. Good Luck!

Old 10-08-2005, 09:03 AM
HCF Member

or u could go on ebay and get a greddy evo for 330 shipped from cityspeed. Thats what im doing.

Old 10-08-2005, 09:47 AM

Read my review of the DC Sports cat back in the Product review. I think there is also a review of magnaflow.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

Thanks for the input everyone. As far as the Greddy one from city speed I checked it out and its actually a Greddy Evo 2 "style" dont really like how they trick you. I only caught it when I was reading the product info. So basically its not Greddy. I think I might have to go with the used DC Sports I just emailed the guy and he said it had no damage at all only had it on a couple of months.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:35 AM
HCF Member

Hey Chimera do you have a Hi-Flow cat and if so, is there any difference in sound and or performance?

Old 10-08-2005, 11:55 AM

Yeah Magnaflow Hi-flo cat, made a big difference in how loud and the tone. dropped the db level a good amount, I'd guesstimate around 10-15dbs. Also made the tone quite lower.

As for performace, if you are asking did I lose any performace over the straight pipe(which is what DC header gives you), prolly 1 hp if that. Nothing you would notice except on a dyno.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:29 PM
HCF Member

Well everything in this car was stock last week when I bought it. Since then I have ordered everything on Ebay. I got a new AEM SAI, New JDM black housing lights, New Type R Grille, I got a nose bra to cover up a nasty dent on the hood, didnt want a new hood yet since it wont mach the black color of the rest of the car, also a 2 month old DC Sports Cat-Back. I tinted the windows 20% all the way around even the windshield strip, and I De-Badged it. All I am missing now is Rims which I will wait till I get promoted around March. Once I get it all put together I will post some pics.

On a side note when I bought my cat-bacj the guy said he will include a free O2 simulator. Do I need this if I am only replacing the exhaust or do I need it if I am getting a hi-flow cat later?

Old 10-08-2005, 07:22 PM

you shouldn't need it at all right now, you did say your header was stock right? if so you don't need it, when you replace your header (which you will DAMNIT!!!) you could run into problems where the O2 sim would be nice to have, if you are getting a hi-flow, just make sure it has an O2 bung and you'll be fine.

Old 10-08-2005, 09:05 PM
HCF Member

thats a real deal greddy man. Not greddy style.

Quick Reply: New Magnaflow or used DC Sport Cat???