Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Newbie needs inexpensive cat back

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Default Newbie needs inexpensive cat back

Hi. I know about all the high dollar exhausts, but I have a friend that needs a new cat back asap and has VERY limited funding. Basically none. What is the best bang for the buck for under $250? Only requirements are that it is reasonable quiet and mandrel bent. Pacesetter? Others...thinking about APEXi World Sport but can't find it cheap enough. No shops around here for custom stuff. No axle back either. Thanks. It is for a 95 EX (Coupe) only other mods are AEM Cold air. Thanks again.

Old 06-13-2005, 11:00 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Newbie needs inexpensive cat back

theres almost nothing out there for that cheap...its best he just sav es another 300 and gets a good catback

Old 06-13-2005, 08:43 PM
HCF Member

Seriously, just look around. You can find something. I know not everybody has 500 bucks for some 2.25" pipe and a muffler.

Old 06-14-2005, 12:02 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Meek

What is the best bang for the buck for under $250? Only requirements are that it is reasonable quiet and mandrel bent.

um sorry man but im pretty sure ur buddy is out of luck. U can get an APC muffler and some piping for under 200$ but its going to sound like a weed wacker on steriods. U want a nice exhaust that works AND sounds nice uve gotta pay for it. Tell ur friend to take that 250 and put it on Red on the roulette table.....if he wins get the greddy evo catback.....if he loses......he will thanks me cuz he wont have an annoying exhaust.

Old 06-14-2005, 04:00 AM

Here's a few choices:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33636
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33630

[sm=bling.gif]

Old 06-14-2005, 04:37 AM

And he'll have money left for this.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ategory=107063

Old 06-14-2005, 02:43 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: pcupo12

um sorry man but im pretty sure ur buddy is out of luck. U can get an APC muffler and some piping for under 200$ but its going to sound like a weed wacker on steriods. U want a nice exhaust that works AND sounds nice uve gotta pay for it. Tell ur friend to take that 250 and put it on Red on the roulette table.....if he wins get the greddy evo catback.....if he loses......he will thanks me cuz he wont have an annoying exhaust.
nice.

seriously..tell him to go make another 300 bucks and get a good exhaust.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:51 PM
HCF Member

[sm=exactly.gif]

sorry to tell u what u didnt wanna hear.......but cheap exhausts usually sound like ***. PRob wont last as long either. Tell ur friend to buy a greddy.....itll be his first and last exhaust purchase.

Old 06-15-2005, 06:33 PM

what about cheap ebay intakes or headers. Are they utter crap or what i sold my mustang and drive a civic and its a lot slower. I need some cheap pic me up, i just bought an intake for 30 bucks on ebay.... just wondering, bc i know a cheap exhaust sounds like ars. and by the way is there really anywhere you can get an exhaust without the fart can, im not a real big fan especially bc the car wont be fast to back that noise up.

Old 06-15-2005, 06:51 PM
HCF Member

I feel you, I am in the process of selling my Mustang. Even though the Civic is like 4 sec slower, it's still more fun to drive. If you are thinking like the sound of a throaty Flowmaster forget it, but there are some exhausts out there that don't have that "splatty" sound to them.

The thing about cheapo intakes is the filter. If you buy an e-bay intake and put a K&N on there you might be Ok. People ask about those e-bay headers all the time and the general consensus is that there is waaayyy too much tuning involved for those e-bay ones to be effective. Sure they are an inprovement over the stock manifold but they are nowhere near the gains that they claim. My advice is to look for used. There is someone on this forum right now with a DC 4-1 just sitting in his garage.

Quick Reply: Newbie needs inexpensive cat back