Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Password JDM Carbon/Kevlar Fiber Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by xsteinbachx
seriously.. with 100trq I don't think it can really get any worse.
Well, with my last Honda, I had 112 HP and 47 ft/lb... Ran a 12.5 1/4 mile pass with only an air filter and exhaust! Of course, it was only 324lbs Wet! Plus me, so 544 lbs... Haha Ah, the old 600RR.... How I don't miss the damn near plastic hard seat!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome YAMAHA!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by dbramaged
Well, with my last Honda, I had 112 HP and 47 ft/lb... Ran a 12.5 1/4 mile pass with only an air filter and exhaust! Of course, it was only 324lbs Wet! Plus me, so 544 lbs... Haha Ah, the old 600RR.... How I don't miss the damn near plastic hard seat!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome YAMAHA!!!
LOL, took me a second to figure out you were talking about a bike. My initial skimming of your post made me go "wtf?"

Old 07-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by dbramaged
I was actually reading that thinking "600rr?"... then I got to the 3rd sentence

Makes me miss my '01 F4i... should've never sold that thing =/

But definitely get some pics up when you install it! I love how the powerchamber looks, especially if the engine bay's nice and clean.

Also, I'm willing to bet you won't feel the apparent torque loss; if you can't feel the power gain in an intake (or header. or exhaust. lol), I doubt you can feel the slight loss. But it losing some low-end makes sense; it's pretty much the same thing as putting a bigger exhaust, you're moving the powerband higher.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:24 PM
HCF Member

Old 07-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Super Cereal Admin

FACE.

I win.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:06 PM
HCF Member

Lol reaper really? cmon! lol

You have Officially been on the internetz too dam much

Old 07-20-2009, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Lol reaper really? cmon! lol

You have Officially been on the internetz too dam much

AGREED!

Well, PassWord JDM emailed me over the weekend to let me know that they are not currently stocking the kevlar intake, but the carbon fiber will ship within 2-3 business days... I have a lot more work I want to do before posting any pictures as my engine bay looks a mess right now! I still need to get the new valve cover put on, all the belts need to be replaced, I still want to get the thing lowered with my teins, etc etc... I don't like posting pictures of a half *** car... Although, my right rear quarter has that rust section that EVERY Honda gets.. $1300 to replace the whole thing, painted and installed. That'll be the spring project!

Old 07-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Make sure you make the engine bay look nice and purty for the pictures

And paint the new valve cover while it's out of the car... a nice little easy-to-do project that really sets off the engine bay (considering your eyes automatically go to the valve cover first when you look at the engine).

And my rust was on the left quarter panel... nothing $13 worth of fiberglass and $5 (or whatever those small cans run for these days... I don't bother with the small cans lol) worth of filler can't fix

Old 07-21-2009, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by reaper2022
And paint the new valve cover while it's out of the car... a nice little easy-to-do project that really sets off the engine bay (considering your eyes automatically go to the valve cover first when you look at the engine).
Actually, it comes prepainted from the manufacturer (JDM RED) with "VTEC" across it polished!

Originally Posted by reaper2022
And my rust was on the left quarter panel... nothing $13 worth of fiberglass and $5 (or whatever those small cans run for these days... I don't bother with the small cans lol) worth of filler can't fix
And I need the entire quarter panel replaced, much more than just the wheel well. There's a spot by the trunk that need fixed as well as a sun spot that doesn't have any clear coat... I'm getting away with it for now, but it's my daily driver... It's gotta make it through this next winter and then I'm getting a motorcycle and another car in the spring! lol

Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by xDJ DUBx
Over priced.
What's overpriced?

Quick Reply: Password JDM Carbon/Kevlar Fiber Intake