Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

problems with my new megan upper strut bar

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Default problems with my new megan upper strut bar

hello guys!! can somebody help me?? I just got a new megan strut bar and I can not installed it because my obx cold intake is on the way I do not know what to do sos sos thank you guys!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Default RE: problems with my new megan upper strut bar

what year and model car do you have?

Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 AM
HCF Member

It doesn't take a year and model to know that when something doesn't fit it doesn't fit. It is one or the other, man... get rid of the obx and get an injen that can clear it, or sell the megan and get a neuspeed strut.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:55 PM
HCF Member

the only front upper strut bars that are compatible with a d17a1/a2 and an intake is the neuspeed bar or a dc sports bar. NOTHING else will work (unless we're talking about custom). sell or return the megan one. next time, ask before you buy

Old 11-16-2007, 11:30 AM
HCF Member

try putting some washers on where you bolt on the strut bar... it could lift it up a little bit to clear the intake... I've done this and the only problems i get from doing this is that the intake sometimes knock on the strut bar and you can hear sounds from it.... I suggest you put some pads or something to prevent the noise from the intake hitting the strut bar if you can get it to fit with the washer trick... if not just sell it and get a neuspeed strut bar... thats what i'm planning to do...

Old 11-16-2007, 01:14 PM

ORIGINAL: benjammy007

try putting some washers on where you bolt on the strut bar... it could lift it up a little bit to clear the intake... I've done this and the only problems i get from doing this is that the intake sometimes knock on the strut bar and you can hear sounds from it.... I suggest you put some pads or something to prevent the noise from the intake hitting the strut bar if you can get it to fit with the washer trick... if not just sell it and get a neuspeed strut bar... thats what i'm planning to do...
or stop being trailer trash and just get a new one =]!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:13 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: gallardo73

hello guys!! can somebody help me?? I just got a new megan strut bar and I can not installed it because my obx cold intake is on the way I do not know what to do sos sos thank you guys!!!!!!!!!
People always get this problem from buying CHEAP brands[:'(]. If you want perfect fits go with AEM or Injen intakes[&:]. Then your strut bar will work. Just sell your cheap intake.