Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Question about my newly installed N1 catback

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 04:10 PM
Default Question about my newly installed N1 catback

So i picked up a used Apexi N1 catback only 10k on it for 140.00 complete, still chrome and all that, i was reading other posts etc i installed the catback and was expecting a really ricey tone like on ALL of the google videos...it IS an N1 but it doesnt sound like one at all, it actually has a really mellow tone like the WS2...its a complete kit i did put all of it on but i cant understand why its not like a raging beehive at ANY RPM, you can barely hear it at idle and through the RPMs its very smooth and mellow, is this because its used and was on a prior car because i know that german exhaust needs to be broken in until you get the actual sound...so what's the deal?! i'll post a video on it later on if theres any contraversy on the issue but it sounds like a catback ive never heard before, its perfect because i was searchign for a mellow exhaust and had given up entirely so i just figured it pick this up becuase it was 140.00 on craigslist...my friend is a tuner and owns an Evolution IX with megan turbo back exhaust and he listened to the civic and all he had to say was well i'll let you read our AIM conversation..
chuumaitzu: i didnt think it was possible
chuumaitzu: to get a catback for a civic
chuumaitzu: and not sound like a ricebowl
chuumaitzu: but your **** proved me wrong, theres something odd about your N1 though,
my buddy had it on his EG and it sounded WAY louder..not a bad thing though your tone
is excellent.

so what do you guys think?

Old 10-29-2006, 10:45 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Question about my newly installed N1 catback

let her break in and then she'll scream

Old 10-29-2006, 10:47 AM

do you have a header, and the factory cat still? the factory cat will quiet the exhasut down a lot.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:29 AM
HCF Member

Will a high-flow cat quiet the exhaust as well? I've got a Megan Drift Spec w/ test pipe and it's a bit on the loud side. I was hoping I could throw in a high-flow cat and quiet it down a bit.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 PM

i have an N1 on my 99si and its a little loud but not annonying. its definately more agressive.

Old 11-13-2007, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

about N1 exhausts i have a hks muffler but want a cat back could i just buy the $140 ebay kit and replace the down pipe and expect any more hp? sorry didnt want to start a new thread for a small ?

Old 11-13-2007, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: asdfbrendan

Will a high-flow cat quiet the exhaust as well? I've got a Megan Drift Spec w/ test pipe and it's a bit on the loud side. I was hoping I could throw in a high-flow cat and quiet it down a bit.
A high flow cat will make your exhaust a little louder compare to the stock (OEM) cat. I say this by experience because on both of my cars the sound did change.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

I also have the apexi n1 catback and mine has always been loud, there where times i would rock the silencer because the noice would get annoying. However, now that I'm turbo is nice and quiet