Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

question on the catalytic converter

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 03:07 AM
Default question on the catalytic converter

I recently have the shop installed my MagnaFlow Catback and the mechanic say that i need to order a new cat and maybe will slove the problem. The problem is that when the catback installed there some little air coming out from the pipe. After installed the catback was kind of loud but it sound nice. Is there anyways to reduce the sound like lower the tone or whatever you call it. I just dont want to get pull over by the cop.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:05 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: question on the catalytic converter

catbacks usually come with silencers, and yours didin't?

Old 01-06-2006, 08:35 AM

The problem is that when the catback installed there some little air coming out from the pipe.
Do you mean that you have a leak in the exhaust?? If so, you need to get that fixed. A cat will lower the sound and tone of the exhaust or a silencer.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:16 AM

If your cat went bad it went bad for a reason. Something else is wrong.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:35 AM

the guy that installed it problebly didnt find a need to install the gaskets that come with the kit.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Chimera02EX

The problem is that when the catback installed there some little air coming out from the pipe.
Do you mean that you have a leak in the exhaust?? If so, you need to get that fixed. A cat will lower the sound and tone of the exhaust or a silencer.
are u talking about a hi flo cat? my friend just put his on and it made his exhaust louder.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:41 PM

HEY! The cat is fine it just rusty and i think it just tha the oem cat it not long enough to fit magnaflow catback. After the catback installed the mech say he felt little air coming out from the pipe and he used everything cramp, gasket, and he tighten all screw. Oh i forgot he say he didnt put the pipe all the way b/c the S pipe might end up hitting the wall so he leave some space so that is why it got some little air coming out.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:44 PM

i dont think all magnaflow come with the kit on a catback. i checked the race series of magnaflow and they come with the silencer.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Chimera02EX

Does the hi flow cat will lower the sound and tone of the exhaust.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:10 PM

makes it louder, but i dont know if it will be deeper...

Quick Reply: question on the catalytic converter