Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Resonator 4 Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Default RE: Resonator 4 Exhaust?

Iiight so should i do 2.25 pipin from the cat back to a resonator to my mufler welded on....i have the muffler but will the shop have a resonator to put on??? or can i use the stock resonator??? wut should i pay 150 ish or more???

Old 09-16-2006, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

Yes, have them do 2.25" piping to a resonator and a muffler after that. Don't use your stock resonator because it will just create a bottleneck since the diameter will be smaller than your new piping. And they should have resonators but make sure you tell them that you don't want a cheap glasspack and that you want a real resonator. I don't know what you should expect to pay. Maybe someone else knows the answer to that.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:02 PM

I Talked to the guys at midas today....he said it woud be $170 for 2.25 piping from cat back to the muffler....he said dont use a resonator...i was kinda confused he just kept sayin deff dont use a resonator???? so will doing it this way be iiight??? am i payin to much or does it sound right??? what kinda resonator should i buy if i deff need one???

Old 09-17-2006, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

I don't understand why he is saying that...but it is up to you if you do it this way, but most likely you are going to have a lot of raspiness and be back in no time to have a resonator put on. The Magnaflow 4 inch round body mufflers work good for resonators. Don't buy from Magnaflow though, buy it off off ebay because it is a lot cheaper. It's over $100 from Magnaflow and $65 off of ebay with free shipping. Here is the link. I highly recommend it if you are going to have that guy do your exhaust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGNA...spagenameZWD1V

Old 09-18-2006, 06:19 PM

ok hmmm sounds like an idea???? does it matter the brand???? like could i go any muffler thats 2.25inlet 2.25outlet??? Now how will that sound with my cat...2.25 pipes ran back to (muffler/resonator) down to my 2.5 inlet 4"outlet muffler??? should i be in good shape there?

Old 09-18-2006, 08:19 PM

could i use either these to be cheap and good???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-F...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

Or just the one recomended???? thanx

Old 09-18-2006, 09:01 PM
HCF Member

Don't get that "resonator." That is actually a test pipe. If I were you I'd seriously go for the one that I posted the link for. Magnaflow makes good resonators. As for a muffler, I don't know anything about that muffler that you posted but honestly just by looking at the price I wouldn't buy it if I were you. Plus it says it compares to one of the flowmaster mufflers, and I've heard that they aren't great on Civics. I know some of this stuff is expensive but I wouldn't cheap out. But since I am recommending that magnaflow resonator, I might as well recommend a magnaflow muffler.

Magnaflow Straight Through

And here is the one I have. It's a three chambered muffler designed to keep down the noise a little bit. Quieter than the straight through one.

Chambered Muffler

Both of those mufflers are Magnaflow but like I said the first one is straight through and the second is chambered, which is what I have. I didn't get the straight through because I wanted to keep the noise down and I'm glad I went with it because it really does sound great. But like I said don't cheap out and buy that other stuff. If you have to just save up a little bit. For example that chambered muffler that I showed you is only $50 bucks. But if you get a nice high flow cat, for example a Carsound Cat, which is also by Magnaflow, get 2.25" piping back to that resonator and then to one of those mufflers you will be just fine. Good luck. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:50 PM
HCF Member

Oh and since you said that you wanted a 4" outlet, here are some tips so that you can choose one to go on one of those mufflers.

Tips

So look around, there are some nice ones that you can have welded on the end. They look expensive but there are some nice ones that aren't very much.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:51 PM

ok so do my cat....2.25 pipe to the magnaflowmuffler as the (resonator) then more pipe to my 4" muffler at the end????

Old 09-19-2006, 05:53 PM

and o yea do i do the chambered resoator or the straight one??? what will be better to my 4" muffler tip? does it matter that my 4" output muffler has a 2.5 inlet??

Quick Reply: Resonator 4 Exhaust?