Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

resonator piping is sitting low

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:11 PM
HCF Member
Default resonator piping is sitting low

just wondering how i can fix a resonator that is laying to low, it hits speed bumps unless i go at angles

its a cat back exhaust from magnaflow on my 04 civic lx
its pretty damn sturdy and not shaky but it does vibrate my car. i think that is due to the very tip hugging my bumper and my bumper shakes a lot when idle

anyways i wudnt really mind but my mom drives my car and well shes sucky and i dont want her to kill my car on speed bumps

what are my options, please keep in mind that i am pretty much new to cars, so tools and item i dont really know the names of

Old 11-05-2007, 07:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: resonator piping is sitting low

You could the the hangers shortened so it doesn't hang so low.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

how do i shorten hangers

man i did a **** load of googling and honda forum searching and found out that this is a common problem for magnaflow and especially in 7th gen sedans
i feel ok now and i am not gona bother fixing it unless i can do it myself or its real cheap and easy/fast

when i go under my car to shake my resonator to see if its not only low but loose, it can be moved but barely. So little that i dont see how i can fix it to stop being low. I pushed it upwards to see how much clearance i gain, and it barely moved up. This should make me mad that i cant fix it, but it made me happy that its so sturdy
so even tho it hangs kind of low it is pretty sturdy, the tip itself touches the bumper. when idle i check my bumper and the right side is shaking but when not idle its fine..w.e it vibrates and sometimes my car vibrates but seriously im just the type of person who trips when dishing out my hard earned $$

also when my cat back was installed, the battery was never disconnected. Does that produce any problems? should i reset it?

Old 11-06-2007, 08:44 AM
HCF Member

It doesn't really matter about your ecu, you only unplug it to reset it and help it respond to the mod but it will do it by itself anyway. You fix the hanger buy taking to a muffler shop, shouldn't cost more than $20 or $30 to have them do it. If you are strong enough you might just be able to bend it yourself but I doubt it.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:28 AM
HCF Member
Old 11-10-2007, 09:13 PM
HCF Member

I have the same problem...my catback is hanging a tad low in the middle around the resonator.

I decided to take a closer look and I think the rubber hanger piece is just stretched out (compared to the ones attatched to the muffler)after carrying a load for nearly a decade now. I'm hoping that if I replace that, the piping will be at least 1/2"-1" higher off the ground.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:54 PM
HCF Member

sorry, is that a magna?

and also my pipes conecting magnaflow to the recenator always burst-yes the metal burts. why is that?

Old 11-11-2007, 10:27 AM
HCF Member

yes a magnaflow, and there are no hangers in the middle

just where the muffler and down pipe are i think, and like 1 more but non in the middle