Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

RSR exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Default RSR exhaust question

I've got the opportunity to pick up a slightly used RSR midsection (resonator included), Skunk2 rear exhaust, with a high flow cat. The thing is...it was on a Del-sol. The dude selling it says it will need little to very little modification to get it back on my 94 coupe. Price stands at 100 alone, or 165 for him to mod it (he does in-house welding).

Will the exhaust need the extra piping to fit my coupe? I haven't heard this exhaust before so should the rsr skunk2 combination make it nice?

I know this is a good deal, especially if it's in such good condition like he says. You think I could take it as-is and get it modded by an exhaust shop for cheaper? Thanks.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: RSR exhaust question

id ask the exhaust shop, but those are two quality names, id go for it.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:06 AM

i'd go for it as well. i honestly can tell you that i dont think the exhaust shop will do it for 65 or less. there is no way. they will need to weld and then put it up there, thats going ot be atleast an hour of work (atleast they will charge you for about 1 hour, possibly more). they like to take their time, and tack things on. (i.e. - "we need to weld, locate an adapter to add to the high flow, as well as one to fit your muffler, cut some pipes, and add some pipes, total is $106.96"). LOL

i say if the guy can do it and make it work for only 65, let him. it will prob be more work then he thinks, he might need to add some piping, and that would probably require an adapter or 2 which will also need to be welded. dont use clamps, welding is much better.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:23 AM
HCF Member

For the same amount or a little more, you can have an exhaust shop do it and do it right. What assurances do you have that this fellow knows what the heck he's doing? If he has to extend the pipes, he'll have to get the extensions perfectly straight. Otherwise you'll end up like me, perpetually battling exhaust leaks.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:59 PM

Pretty sure he knows what he's doing, he works in an exhaust shop. I didn't get it back when I first posted this because I was going through some financial problems. It's still for sale, and my stock exhaust has quite a few holes in the pipes leading to the resonator and muffler, so I'm going to need to get it fixed to pass inspection, so I might as well buy it.

Another question though. How large is the piping on an RSR Exmag exhaust? I've looked everywhere and can't find the answer, hopefully someone can help me out. Also...it comes with a hi-flow cat convertor. I live in Pennsylvania, where we have inspection and emissions...will the car pass both with the hi-flow cat? Thanks.