Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Spoon N1 and B-Pipe.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Default Spoon N1 and B-Pipe.

Heyas,

I was looking for a good exhaust and end up with the idea of getting a Spoon N1. The way i understand this thing, is that the N1 is basically the muffler and the B-Pipe the rest of the exhaust line. I'm not a mechanic guy at all and don't really know how its made under the car, but i guess the catalitic converter must be sitting somewhere in the exhaust line. Now i'd like to know if i get this setup, will it include a catalitic converter or would i need to buy a performance one ? Also, any comments about the spoon exhausts ? I heard it on some videos on youtube and it sounded awesome. I also read some stuff about it, and it says the N1 bolts on to the origical exhaust line, which means the size is probably the same as the stock one, but still improves exhaust flow. So anyone ever experienced this exhaust ? Would it be a good upgrade ?

cncivic

Old 04-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Snail'n Admin
Default RE: Spoon N1 and B-Pipe.

Well, it wont come with a cat, most systems dont. unless ur boostin ur civic, u dont HAVE to replace the cat. It will reduce the backpresure and give you more hp. but yea, u dont need one. The kit probably comes with the piping from the cat back hence the name catback. spoon is a good system and pretty much any system is good because it lets ur engine breathe better. from what i see, the spoon n1 is j ust the muffler. not sure what u mean by the bpipe. ive seen other exhaust systems where the bpipe is mroe a test pipe ( a replacement for the cat). To be honest, u can go with a catback from hks, apexi, or greddy. those would be my choices for akit. if im wrong, someone can correctme

Old 04-11-2007, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

those are all good brands greddy_civic. magnaflow, megan racing, and tanabe are also good ones to look at. i recently purchased a magnaflow muffler myself

Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Snail'n Admin

i know they are good brands, but im talking about the spoon n1 setup, not too familiar, i know its probably good given the fact it has the spoonn ame, but not sure its setup

Old 04-11-2007, 11:48 PM
HCF Member

Spoon is crazymofo expensive

Old 04-12-2007, 01:32 AM
HCF Member

^x2. it's overkill on a civic. that's like getting a Hytech or a Bisimoto header for a civic. you just don't do it

Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 AM

There's a spoon b-pipe to attach to the n1 muffler. So i'm guessing that the b-pipe is the part after the catback, right ? Thing is that i'll probably need to change the resonator on my civic Si, so since i'll have to change the whole B-pipe part, i might as well get a performance exhaust system after the catback. It will leave me with only headers and catback to change in the near future.

cncivic