Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

stay with my aftermarket exhaust or go back to stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Default stay with my aftermarket exhaust or go back to stock

Ok I know you guy have heard this a thousand times before but i couldn't find anything on it. First off I own a 94 Civic hatch with a mini-me ( D15b7 block with a D16z6 head ) with some no name brand aftermarket cat-back exhaust on it. Now my question is should stay with this exhaust or go back to stock. My main reasons are; I'm tried of being "one of those people" I had originally got the exhaust when I was in my "ricer" phase but am past that point now and I'm tired of all those people out there wanting to race me or rev me or better yet hop the car forward at the stoplights just because they see that big *** coffee can muffler. The second reason is the sound/noise its not to bad but I think I want something quieter. I trying to keep the car and motor as close to a daily driver as possible while adding a bolt on here and there to get the most out of her. so please tell me your thoughts and what you think I should do

-thanks

P.S.- the Exhaust has a mandrel bet 2.5" piping and doesn't quiet fit under the car, like i said its a no name brand

Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Default RE: stay with my aftermarket exhaust or go back to stock

Personally I don't want that reaction to my car either, i am having a hard time finding a nice catback that is quiet and doesn't have a 4" tip on it... not to jack the thread, but i'd like some suggestions on my options for this if anyone has any.

but if i were in your situation i wouldn't go back to stock, i'd just find a nice catback that is quiet and has a smaller tip.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:06 PM

Get an Apexi WS2. I had those same problems, hated my crappy exhaust that the previous owner put on, and got the WS2. I love it. Sounds pretty good when you hit the gas hard, but cruising speeds are quiet.

Either that, or a Greddy SP2, or RS*R exmag.

I bought mine new on ebay for $435 total after shipping.

Check out the exhaust FAQ, then
Go to youtube and check out some sound clips of the different exhausts.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:52 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: trustdestruction

Get an Apexi WS2. I had those same problems, hated my crappy exhaust that the previous owner put on, and got the WS2. I love it. Sounds pretty good when you hit the gas hard, but cruising speeds are quiet.

+1. I'm getting an Apexi WS2 exhaust for my setup. Apexi WS2, GReedy EVO2(I've heard is good, but a little too loud for me), and Magnaflow(Its a little silenter than the WS2, but I love the look and qaulity of the WS2).

T3rry, i'd go with Apexi WS2 Exhaust, Megan 4-1 Header, and AEM V2. You'll love the setup, I know a person with the same setup and its a nice combo (in my opinion), so thats why I was convinced to go down the same road, for the price its not too bad either.. I can get the Exhaust for $410 shipped, Header for about $115 shipped, and got the V2 for $275 shipped. I love my V2, it sounds so nice and non-ricey . But, since I have a 2001 LX, I have to do a EX conversion, so i'm gonna get a Random Tech high-flow cat too, for some added horsepower and to tone the sound down and make it sound better(Ew to test pipes [:'(]).

Maybe that'll help you, or lead you in the right direction. Apexi WS2 AND Magnaflow both have 2.25" exhaust, which is nice.

Thats the Apexi WS2, I love the look, because it doesn't look like a fart can or anything, and looks really legit .

Old 04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

look a header, intake and exhaust wont make ur car fast, if i where you i would just get an exhaust and start saving for a swap or turbo.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: croninc

look a header, intake and exhaust wont make ur car fast, if i where you i would just get an exhaust and start saving for a swap or turbo.
my whole reason for gettignt he full desl is to remove the cat, we have no emissions laws here so i want to get rid of it so i don't have to worry about any other issues in the future.

And also obviously for the HP gains and look, i want it to look good, not rice, same with the sound, i wnat a deeper, slightly louder sound, not a ricey whine.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:59 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Vilex

ORIGINAL: trustdestruction

+1. I'm getting an Apexi WS2 exhaust for my setup. Apexi WS2, GReedy EVO2(I've heard is good, but a little too loud for me), and Magnaflow(Its a little silenter than the WS2, but I love the look and qaulity of the WS2).

T3rry, i'd go with Apexi WS2 Exhaust, Megan 4-1 Header, and AEM V2. You'll love the setup, I know a person with the same setup and its a nice combo (in my opinion), so thats why I was convinced to go down the same road, for the price its not too bad either.. I can get the Exhaust for $410 shipped, Header for about $115 shipped, and got the V2 for $275 shipped. I love my V2, it sounds so nice and non-ricey . But, since I have a 2001 LX, I have to do a EX conversion, so i'm gonna get a Random Tech high-flow cat too, for some added horsepower and to tone the sound down and make it sound better(Ew to test pipes [:'(]).

Maybe that'll help you, or lead you in the right direction. Apexi WS2 AND Magnaflow both have 2.25" exhaust, which is nice.

Thats the Apexi WS2, I love the look, because it doesn't look like a fart can or anything, and looks really legit .

where are you ordering your ws2 from for 410 shipped?

Old 05-04-2008, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

I searched ebay, they have them for $440 shipped