Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Stock Exhaust Size pleaseeeeee

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:26 PM
Default Stock Exhaust Size pleaseeeeee

hey everyone i hope this is the right place to ask this question.... well i have a 96 dx coupe 5 speed and i bought this muffler for it.... well the mufflers shorter than the stock one as you all know so im going to need an extension piece.. but the question is what size is the stock exhaust piping? im gonna cut the stocker right before the muffler but i figured im sure 99% of you have done this atleast once so i might as well ask what size instead of cutting it, measuring it then gettin a ride to autozone... my mufflers got a 2-1/2 inch inlet...... and please dont type back 'get a catback'.... 'weld on mufflers are junk'...etc etc cause i already know this.. this is just for now till i get down to FL and do my motor swap..... thank you!
~ D

Old 04-17-2005, 08:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Stock Exhaust Size pleaseeeeee

so basically u are doing this for the "Weed wacker on steroids" sound?

Old 04-17-2005, 08:43 PM

no basically im throwin a exhaust on so my girl can drive it around cause she likes the sound and lambo doors while i tool around in my vette...but yea thanks for answering my question the way i asked not to

Old 04-17-2005, 11:46 PM
HCF Member

lol! funny!

Old 04-17-2005, 11:55 PM

Here is what you need to do. Pay careful attention, because I am only going to type this once.

Materials that you will need-
Ruler
The intelligence of a baked potato
Grasp of basic fractions

Step 1) Grasp ruler firmly in hand.
Step 2) Hold ruler up to exhaust in question.
Step 3) Record diameter of said exhaust.
Step 4) Take a break, you'll probably need one.

Old 04-17-2005, 11:59 PM
HCF Member

wow. that was funny. condecending as hell, but damn funny.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:10 AM
HCF Member

Why dont you just throw a cat-back on right now and ddrive it down to FL?? or atleast just wait till you get to FL and put the cat-back on instead of putting the muffler on right now. You will save sum $$$$.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:16 AM

I forgot to add one thing. I'm sure you do not have a Corvette. Maybe a Chevette, but not a real muscle car. Otherwise, I'm sure you would have a few extra hundred dollars laying around to buy her a real exhaust.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:21 AM

Somethin doesn't add up here..........
This is from his first post....."instead of cutting it, measuring it then gettin a ride to autozone".
Then second post he says "while i tool around in my vette".

Old 04-18-2005, 05:04 PM

would you get all dirty then hop in the vette? and i have the exhaust still in the box taking up space might as well just put it on.. and for the retard that told me to grab a ruller and ****.. did you not see where it said "i figured id ask before i go out there and cut the other one off"..lol you people are funny... just cause you all dont have a vette means i dont? its a 95 lt1 6 speed with plenty of mods so if any of ya's wanna race here in RI let me know k?

Quick Reply: Stock Exhaust Size pleaseeeeee