Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Suggested Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Default Suggested Exhaust?

I have a 94 civic dx. My current exhaust is probaly just a basic replacment and rattles when the car warms up.therefor i want to get a new install.however,i dont want my car to sound like a dirt bike or like its choking to death.i want a brand name that gives it just a little bit of sound but not to loud.nothing to serious just something that will make it sound smooth and healthy.any suggestions?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

apexi ws2, greddy sp2,or stick with stock

Old 01-23-2009, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

What about a MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust? They're pretty quiet with a nice deep mellow tone. Also, while you're at it, you might as well go ahead and replace the factory Catalytic Converter with a MagnaFlow Direct Fit High Flow Catalytic Converter. ALSO, you could do a DC Sports 4-2-1 One Piece Ceramic Header for a little more HP & TQ, and a K&N Drop In Filter. That should be pretty good for you right there...

Old 01-23-2009, 03:03 PM

Apex-i WS2, definitely.

Originally Posted by 4DoorSedanMan
Also, while you're at it, you might as well go ahead and replace the factory Catalytic Converter with a MagnaFlow Direct Fit High Flow Catalytic Converter.
+1
I have one and I love it. Installation was a breeze.

ALSO, you could do a DC Sports 4-2-1 One Piece Ceramic Header for a little more HP & TQ, and a K&N Drop In Filter. That should be pretty good for you right there...
Also good suggestions. I recommend a Megan Racing 4-2-1 header though, because they are just as good and cost half the price. As long as you don't live in California, you can just use a Megan Racing Header.

Instead of a drop in filter i'd get an eBay short ram intake and then after you receive it, measure the tube's diameter and then order a name brand filter for it such as AEM, K&N, Injen, Apex-i, etc. from an online store such as Procivic.com. eBay intakes are fine, except for the filters. If you live in California though, you'll have to get a name brand complete intake such as AEM, K&N, etc. that is CARB exempt or CARB approved.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:13 PM
HCF Member

What about a MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust? They're pretty quiet with a nice deep mellow tone. Also, while you're at it, you might as well go ahead and replace the factory Catalytic Converter with a MagnaFlow Direct Fit High Flow Catalytic Converter. ALSO, you could do a DC Sports 4-2-1 One Piece Ceramic Header for a little more HP & TQ, and a K&N Drop In Filter. That should be pretty good for you right there...
High flow cat and headers are going to make it much louder. I have the same setup

Old 01-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Default hows this one??http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-70_86/pro

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...282/index.html

hows this exhaust i was thinking of getting it i have the dc sports header

Old 01-23-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by repusnam55
http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...282/index.html

hows this exhaust i was thinking of getting it i have the dc sports header
looks like rice IMO

Old 01-24-2009, 05:46 AM
HCF Member

my suggestion if all you want to do is stop the rattling is go underneath the car and see what is causing it on my 93 ex I took a look when it was rattling and it was just the exhaust pipe bumping into the trunk at one little spot so I went over to advance auto and bought a exhaust hanger and pulled it away from the trunk a little bit problem solved and about 150 bucks less if you want sound id suggest magnaflow

Old 01-24-2009, 08:09 PM
HCF Member

Magnaflow: Pure stainless steel, great sound and a million-mile warranty

Old 01-25-2009, 05:22 PM
HCF Member

an ebay SRI would work just fine, as long as you use a decent filter?
I have always heard go with a name..
"They're made specifically designed with this, this, and that in mind. Every corner, every bend is made with a precise reason. Ebay SRI's are just hunks of metal that won't even fit without alterations"
you get the gist. How much would you say, on average, to spend on an Ebay sri?

And since you guys are suggesting replacing headers and throwing in an SRI, shouldn't he think about replacing his intake manifold as well? or is that part of the header, I forget

Quick Reply: Suggested Exhaust?