Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

throttle body spacers

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 AM
HCF Member
Default throttle body spacers

jc whitney says that throttle body spacers were dynoed to add up to 20 hp...

does any1 have one and feel a difference....even if its only 5 hp...for 100 bucks thats a good buy

Old 06-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: throttle body spacers

from what I've heard, they do nothing except screw up your idle (even if you reset your ecu). Everyone I've talked to about them that has one is trying to get rid of it. I wouldn't recommend buying it...

Just a warning: you can't trust JcWhitney. Actually, as a general ruleof thumb, don't trust any company that carries electric superchargers.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:32 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

from what I've heard, they do nothing except screw up your idle (even if you reset your ecu). Everyone I've talked to about them that has one is trying to get rid of it. I wouldn't recommend buying it...

Just a warning: you can't trust JcWhitney. Actually, as a general ruleof thumb, don't trust any company that carries electric superchargers.
X2.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:41 PM
HCF Member

i cant wait to hear keiths ppost on this!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: dfdon

i cant wait to hear keiths ppost on this!!!
Allright Don, I'll post my 2 cents on these damn spacers.

First hand experience with a spacer for over a year, and just to let you know all the companies that say these tremendous gains are talking out there ***. I had bought the air raid spacer which is the best one out there. Let's just say nothing but problems.

Fitment wasn't good at all.

It came with new bolts to accomadate the extra inch between the throttle body and the intake manifold along with new gaskets. They worked just great. But...Then there was the throttle bracket adapter, because of the extra space between the tb and im. This item did not fit at all. With that problem now, we had to bend the throttle bracket to make it work. Couldn't get it to idle lower then 1500 even after the car was warmed up.

Have a side mount intake? Don't expect a cold air intake to fit in it. Also, by looking at your user name you have a 03 civic with the throttle body pointing up. If you have an aftermarketintake on it, make sure you add another inch to the intake and see if the hood will even be able to close.

After having mine installed for about 5 hrs and driving around fine after all the headaches with the installation. CEL pops up. Had my friend who works for honda come over with the code reader. But it was throwing about 4 or 5 codes. Just cleared the cel and got on my way.

Power increase? Maybe a few ponies. But nothing to go crazy over.
The whistle? Sound cool, yeah. People think you have a turbo, but wheres the power?

So if you're still interested in purchasing one, just be ready for the headaches. Maybe the fitment is better in the 7th gen, but it was awful in the 6th gen.