Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What do you get more with???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Default What do you get more with???

I was wondering about the intakes the other day. I have a Short Ram and the Other piece to make it cold Air. I was told by i guy localy that short ram makes more power but cold air is better?? Is this true? Which is more effective??

Old 08-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: What do you get more with???

search the forum for this topic, there has got to be a thousand threads with this information

Old 08-10-2005, 03:52 PM

cold air is actually more powerful but dangerous if you live where it rains a lot... thats why i stick with the short ram. i'm in washington.

Old 08-10-2005, 05:27 PM

honestly i didn't feel that much of a difference, w/ either, and yea hydro-locking your motor would suck, i would say go w/ whats cheaper

Old 08-11-2005, 12:26 AM

Yea..actually Its raining now...and i just put the cold air piece on yesterday. It doesnt rain here a whole lot but im afraid of hydro-locking anyway. Wat do I do in the winter? Go with short ram?

Old 08-11-2005, 06:03 AM

Cold air long intake pipe to keep it away from the engines' heat short ram just a short intake how do you have both?! And intakes wouldn't had a whole lot of HP it's a good start get air flowing get your engine breathing. If your planning to turbo up your car short ram's better especially if you've got an intercooler what's the point of getting colder air if it's just gonna heat up in the compressor then get cooled down again?

Old 08-11-2005, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: FD_Sauce

Cold air long intake pipe to keep it away from the engines' heat short ram just a short intake how do you have both?! And intakes wouldn't had a whole lot of HP it's a good start get air flowing get your engine breathing. If your planning to turbo up your car short ram's better especially if you've got an intercooler what's the point of getting colder air if it's just gonna heat up in the compressor then get cooled down again?
injen sells the tube that connects from the sri and converts it to a cai, you can modify the aem's also to do the same thing, and sri's and cai's are useless once you have a turbo w/ i/c as most turbo setups use a sri "style" intake which will come right off the side of the turbo

Old 08-11-2005, 02:24 PM

a couple degrees is a couple degrees.. if u can get it cold before the turbo, it should be that much colder after...

Old 08-11-2005, 05:55 PM

Yea.. mine is the two piece like the injen! you can have it short ram or cold air all a matter of cilicone instert thing that you screw on! The only difference ive noticed is the sound when vtec kicks in. with the cold air is deeper and not as loud as to the short ram being louder and more of a raspy sound.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:07 PM

ORIGINAL: neon3kgt

a couple degrees is a couple degrees.. if u can get it cold before the turbo, it should be that much colder after...
true, but once it passes through all the piping and such (which gets hot also) the air is warmed a lil there

Quick Reply: What do you get more with???