Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What Exhaust piping diameter for a Civic D14A8?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What Exhaust piping diameter for a Civic D14A8?

Put the d16 in, you will love it I promise! You can pick them up for cheap enough.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: =chris=

I suggest you should Look a little closer to home before you slate me and my 1.4 litre hatchback. I think you'll find that any of your fat, vastly over-sized, V8 yank mobiles will put out more crap than mine ever will! Here in the UK we get hammered by taxes if we buy a large displacement car (anything over 3.0ltr now is just too expensive to run - Fuel costs us around GBP£1 per litre - US$1.9 per LITRE), which is why we all tend to drive <2.0ltr cars. You get the rest of the US to do the same and I'll put the Catalytic convertor back on my car.
watch it there bud. we're not turning this thread into a political/economical war, especially when you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. one more post like that and this thread is locked.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:12 AM

Forgive me for my ignorance, but how have I started a political or economical war here?

And i no idea what I am talking about? I have family living in Oklahoma, and have commuted regularly between the continents, each time either myself or my dad having hired a car to get around in. All I can say is that it was very intriguing that hardly any of you guys drive Diesels (and not one of our hire cars was a diesel - all in the UK are diesels) . Personally I can't say I blame you as I hate the things (sound horible, normally slow, rev all wrong and all that). However, they are dominent here in the UK because petrol is just so damn expensive and for many people, they simply cant afford to run a petrol here. Even my ickle 1.4 Civic is quite an expensive car to run (£1500 a year to insure + £50 a week for petrol, £130 tax per year...yadda yadda....).

If I have offended anyone in what I say, I can only but apologise, but I do however like to think I know what I am talking about. Maybe it was stereotypical of me to say American cars are big, heavy and lethargic, and i appreciate that isnt the case for all of you guys. You guys have Civics afterall so it can't be all bad!

I suppose its just jealousy on my part - you guys seem to get a way better deal outta life than we do.

Anyway, Back on Topic -

Kadawei - I can only really go on what I have been told, but its been said that the D14 will safely handle in the region on 200 horses on stock internals. If I did turbo the D14 it'd be running fairly low boost (5-7psi or so?), so it won't be stressing the motor too far. I quite like the idea though, as D14 Turbos just don't really exist so it'd be a break from the norm. Much less of a pain than to swap out the whole motor too, as I wouldn't have to worry if I have everything I need to get me running again in less than a week.

But yes, the most obvious failure would be in the rods if i were to go Turbo - one of the guys who have already turboed the D14 tried raising the boost which resulted in a thrown rod. Not something I'd like to experience myself. No point trying to over-boost it as I will only give myself more problems down the line.

=chris=