Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

01 Civic EX Rear Winshield Tint

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Default 01 Civic EX Rear Winshield Tint

Anyone else's tint on their car's make the RW blurry to where you can't really make out what is behind you with out looking through your side mirrors? I do not know if this is a defect from the factory or if the previous owners had this put in and it failed?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:19 PM
HCF Member

sounds like a previous owner fail, factory window tint is usually injected and wouldnt be blurry, sounds like yours is a film and a poor quality one at that

Old 03-28-2011, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

Well I have an 01 LX and it has the same thing. Could be factory? I'm really not sure. It sucks but you get used to it Could be the guy I bought it from screwed it up... add to the list.

*cracked exhaust manifold
*painted over rust (A-HOLE)
*Wrong size tire for the car :|
*In need of rear struts
*Glued on grille Honda badge (wth)
**Crappy job on whatever he did to the back window...

Unfortunately I was 17 and didn't know a lot about cars so I missed the hairline crack in the manifold and the struts but even the shop I took it to for $50 to do a check missed it:/

Old 03-29-2011, 08:16 AM

Should there be a corner of it that I could peal off? Or am I better off not messing with it?

Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 AM
HCF Member

You can't really peal off window tint. I removed the tint off my Cavalier and it took about an hour to get EVERYTHING off the rear window.. including the goo. If it's really annoying get some remover. I hear a blow dryer and a razor blade helps.. the blow dryer will cause cheap tint to wrinkle for easier removal.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:08 AM
HCF Member

Honestly you get used to it-I don't even realize mine is there anymore. Mine actually isn't tinting but there is a film and it is blurry. I figure who cares if I can't see the face of the guy behind me as long as I can see he is there.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:51 AM

That is true, i think the main this is that I just can't make out exactly what is behind me I just know that it is a car. I always use my side mirrors till tell if it is a cop or not. lol Thanks for the help guys, just trying to figure out if it is worth my time to try and fix!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 AM
HCF Member

ah, just take it to a tint shop. The ones around here will usually charge almost $100, but they'll get it off. And for a little bit more $$$ they'll give you new tint that doesn't suck! Give your local shop (preferrably on with some good credit according to your friends) a call, and ask a few questions. Couldn't hurt! Crappy tint sucks!

My tint looks pretty decent, but whoever put it on was a dumbass. Theres a small bubble in the driver's side window and I think they ****ed up a couple of the defrost lines on my back window. I bought the car like this. Had they done this to my car when I owned it, they'd be getting an ear full and I wouldn't be paying full price, thats for ****ing sure.