Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

1999 honda civic LX Re-do

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Default 1999 honda civic LX Re-do

Few questions...

Where on earth would I go to have the whole car ripped apart, all but the basic frame of the car and have it ALL re done?

Also if I ordered a new engine, what other things will I need to buy with the engine to make sure everything is new and up-to-date? Including the tires,brakes,suspension,transmission,exhaust, EVERYTHING.

I love the 1999 civic. I'm ready to just deck the hell out of this thing all the way through.

I've had it sitting in my garage for years because I drive an Avalanche now but I have money laying around and that civic needs some work. Anyone want to help me out on this?

Old 08-23-2011, 01:47 PM

If money isn't a problem, sounds like you'd want to take it to a local custom shop. Otherwise, gut the interior yourself. As long as you remember where everything goes, it's not so bad. The exterior pieces come out easily. And as long as you mark every plug on the wiring harness, all you need is the factory service manual (downloadable online) to figure out how to put it all back together.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by osengj
Few questions...

Where on earth would I go to have the whole car ripped apart, all but the basic frame of the car and have it ALL re done?

Also if I ordered a new engine, what other things will I need to buy with the engine to make sure everything is new and up-to-date? Including the tires,brakes,suspension,transmission,exhaust, EVERYTHING.

I love the 1999 civic. I'm ready to just deck the hell out of this thing all the way through.

I've had it sitting in my garage for years because I drive an Avalanche now but I have money laying around and that civic needs some work. Anyone want to help me out on this?
My dad and I managed to swap an engine in (just a stock d16) all by ourselves. Manuals are a lifesaver!!! It is a pretty big job to do by yourself if haven't done it before......I'd HIGHLY recommend someone help you out, make sure you don't do something stupid when you're tired lol.

What you need for an engine depends on what engine you get. I say K-swap it

For suspension, look into Koni Yellows and Ground Control coils, tried and true combo.

I've ALWAYS wanted to rip my car down at least the interior. That'd be so much fun.......

Old 08-25-2011, 09:42 AM
HCF Member

OP, where do you live? If you're on either coast, there's usually an abundance of places that can do all this for you... if money is no object. It won't be cheap, I'm sure.

oh, and yea, K series would be the "newest" and "hippest" thing to swap in, but remember: if you're planning on going over 300hp, you'd better get some real transmission work done. Because people start snappin gears when they get up there.