Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Any HID Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Default Any HID Suggestions?

I've been trying to read as much as I can on HID conversion info for my 2000 Civic EX sedan. I loved the thread containing all the info on how HID projectors work. I am looking for any truly good, reliable aftermarket projector lenses and HID conversion kits. Any opinions on these:

http://www.customstreetdesigns.com/3...HC99CBR-YD.htm

If y'all have any suggestions on a quality set of HID lights, I would love to hear them. Thanks for your advice!

Old 05-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Default RE: Any HID Suggestions?

I have the bixenon HID 6k on my 98 civic. I dont lose my high beams like the regular HID Kits do. The projector kits will run between $250 plus shipping. Thats how much my Bixenon kit cost me with shipping.

Old 05-03-2008, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

are you using the standard lens on your bixenons or projectors? i have bixenons on my 93 civic and my lows work great but my highs don't go as far; just concentrates the light to a smaller area. any higher angle on the lenses, makes oncoming traffic flash at me already.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

Skip the HID kits and go with a retro. Especially if you're putting them in your stock reflector housing...it's dangerous to oncoming traffic (I know you're going to ignore that I and others will say that, but it's true).

You can, however, get away with an HID kit in an ebay style projector, but the light ouput sucks with a projector meant for halogen. BTW, that link you put up...you can get those for cheaper on Ebay and it's the same thing (Made that mistake once already). I had an ebay projector with HID and liked it, but then switched over to TSX projectors retroed into my ebay housings (or you can put them into stock housings). Still used the PNP ballasts, with an adapter to hook up to the D2S Bulbs and I had the same output as a TSX, while retaining the high beams by using the highs that came with the projector. Another option is a bi-xenon retro, with high and low both coming from a projector, NOT reflector. The OEM retros have incredible output compared to anything else.

That was probabaly more then you're looking for, but it will keep you busy for a while . Check out the university section on HIDplanet (google it) for some more info. Good luck!

Old 05-04-2008, 10:21 AM

for HIDs check out Oznium.com HIDs or http://xenonlink.com/.
If the headlight housings you use get have the high and low beam in one bulb, and you want to be able to use high beams, get the bixenon HIDs. If the headlights you use have separate high and low beam bulbs, get the plain HIDs as you will already be able to keep your high beams.