Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

bumper help

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Default bumper help

Hi, I have a 02 civic Ex, I just brought these new halo headlights from ebay. I know I have to take the bumper off to install the headlights but is taking off the bumper a major task? Can anyone please give me a step by step instruction on how to take the bumper off and how to put it back? Also are the wiring for halo headlights the same as the stock headlights?

Thanks

Old 09-11-2005, 11:33 PM
Default RE: bumper help

i had to take the bumper off my '01 to remove the amber inserts out of my headlights. it took my boyfriend and me a while to do the whole project, but removing the bumper isn't too bad. i don't remember where all the bolts are located, but haynes helped us find all of them. i'm thinking there were a couple sneaky ones hanging out around the fender area. also, the grill needs to be unbolted, since it's also attached to the bumper. after you're certain all the bolts are removed, you'll have to tug on the bumper by the fender areas to loosen it. if it doesn't budge after a couple tugs, check again for any bolts you might have missed. it's really pretty easy to do. when you're putting the bumper back on, just be sure everything is snapped back into place. i noticed the next day part of mine was popped out still, but it was easily fixed by pushing it back in.

good luck on your project. unfortunately, i don't know if the wiring is the same. but post some pics when you get them installed. i'm curious to know what halos look like on the 7th gens!