Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Default RE: CHECK THIS OUT!!!

ORIGINAL: mxs
They wouldn't hold anything though. Also it had an ashtray that glowed green at night.
that's because hondas used to have uranium-coated ashtrays. [8D]

Old 09-14-2005, 10:28 PM

Yeah I don't really like the wood grain either, but I really think that the JDM center console column looks great!!! I like the fact that it has extra storage, because I can't seem to find a place to put ANYTHING in my car how it is now, what I do is tell whoever is riding in the passenger seat to hold my stuff because there's nowhere to put anything, and I've learned to hold my coffee or whatever while I shift and stuff because my cupholders are broken anyway! lol it's crazy so I'm really not going to miss the cupholders I never really had.

However, I was wondering one last thing about this mod. Can yout use the stock USDM center piece (the part with the cupholders and shift boot) because that JDM center console goes over the top of the USDM cupholders, unless do you think that I could just take the little cupholder contraption out and use the stock center console thing without buying a JDM piece? Also, none of these seemed to have the center trays included, so where do you think I could get the center trays for this console? (could I use trays from another US honda to put in there? Or would I have to get special ones?) Thanks!!!

Old 09-14-2005, 10:34 PM

Im 75% sure u can use the USDM center console and add the JDM peice but you may have some shaving to do.

BTW, I was half kidding when I mentioned the wood grain and didnt think it would hijack the thead.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:54 PM

lol I agree 100% with ya on the woodgrain thing though, that does look like something that you would find in an old grandpa car!!! I don't think that woodgrain looks good unless it's real wood and the rest of the car's interior is high enough quality to deserve such a treatment, like a BMW or something...

But yeah I was thinking that it might need a little modding, but I don't really think it will be that big of a problem. After reading this, I checked out my cupholders and they look like they'll free up quite a bit of space where the console can go around if I take them out. lol now it's just a matter of finding one with a tray included! Thanks guys I'll keep my eyes on ebay.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

woodgrain is for caddys, and benz's...