Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

did some painting today

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Default RE: did some painting today

very nice man, wish i had a civic.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:39 PM

You do know its not the same colour rite? Aerosoles arnt exactly the best way! You should always do it under high power lights or better still bright sunshine. i bet if you took it to a spray shop and they had it in their paint bay they could tell you its different.

Not meaning to upset ya it looks, from the photo, ok. I would of put more layers on personally,maybe a smooth sandown in betwen layers 3+4 then took it to your car fittd it,taped your lights and other bits,Sprayed it 2 final coats attached to the bumper to blend it in so there the same colour. but it still looks sweet, different and not to loud.Good Job.

Old 03-07-2005, 07:43 PM

that looks very clean, i would like an DIY on it if possible, just curious also how does that front lip go on? step by step. [sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 03-07-2005, 07:50 PM

that looks pretty good . i tried painting my R grille and used that crap paint from pepboys and it sucked. match was way off even after clearcoat. stick with duplicolor for sure. plastikote sucks

Old 03-07-2005, 10:23 PM

You do know its not the same colour rite? Aerosoles arnt exactly the best way! You should always do it under high power lights or better still bright sunshine. i bet if you took it to a spray shop and they had it in their paint bay they could tell you its different.

Not meaning to upset ya it looks, from the photo, ok. I would of put more layers on personally,maybe a smooth sandown in betwen layers 3+4 then took it to your car fittd it,taped your lights and other bits,Sprayed it 2 final coats attached to the bumper to blend it in so there the same colour . but it still looks sweet, different and not to loud.Good Job.
i guess the shading looks a little off in the pic but i guarantee you that in real life, it looks almost an exact match to the stock hue. and frankly its much better with then $10 i spent on spray paint than what it would have cost me to actually go get it painted at a shop. besides, whats the fun in doing something if you don't do it yourself right?

since it seems like theres an interest, i'll run through the painting step by step w/ pics when i do my side skirts

Old 03-08-2005, 08:44 AM

It looks really good.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:14 PM

looks really really good

Old 03-08-2005, 11:22 PM

looks good clean and simple nothing flashy but nice

Old 04-05-2005, 09:43 PM

mossy: What kind of duplicolor primer did you use and what is the color code for it. 2nd question: My car is white, if i use the gray primer would it alter my color in any way or form and not match my car? What kind of compound did you use or if you use any?

Old 04-06-2005, 01:16 AM
HCF Member

that looks really good! but what the hell did you hit? looks like a big *** scuff mark on your front bumper? the lip is tight though. good job!

Quick Reply: did some painting today