Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

did some painting today

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Dan
Default RE: did some painting today

Very clean and very crisp.
From an artist point of very simple but very effective.[8D]

Old 04-06-2005, 10:17 AM

mossy: What kind of duplicolor primer did you use and what is the color code for it. 2nd question: My car is white, if i use the gray primer would it alter my color in any way or form and not match my car? What kind of compound did you use or if you use any?
i just used the standard duplicolor grey primer. if you use enough coats of paint (which you should be) it won't affect the outcome of the color. also i used 3M rubbing compound.

that looks really good! but what the hell did you hit? looks like a big *** scuff mark on your front bumper? the lip is tight though. good job!
long story. what happened was i was merging off of a freeway and i saw a car up ahead that had completely stopped (no traffic or anything, he just decided to stop). but some bitch in an suv cut in front of me at the last second to get onto the exit. she of course didn't see the stopped car so she slammed her brakes about 10 ft in front of me. i had to swerve to miss her and my car fishtailed about half a dozen times at 60 mph. luckily i knew how to over correct the steering to compensate (i do alot of handbrake drifting in the winter) and brought the car under control and to a hault right before smahing head on into a concrete wall. unfortunately, i barely knicked the wall and thats why theres a scrape on the bumper. it would have been alot worse though had i not known how to control the slide. theres still a big spot on the freeway where my tires tore the sealent of the new pavement

Old 04-06-2005, 03:23 PM

mossy: do you have the color code for the the standard grey primer?

Old 04-06-2005, 03:26 PM

mossy: How many coat of paint should you suggest...3 coat, would that be good eough?

Old 04-06-2005, 05:16 PM
HCF Member

i guess itll do but it would **** me off if it was mine cuz it isnt a perfect match and it sticks out.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:19 PM

bleed, i don't have the color code, i think theres just one standard primer that they sell in stores. i'd recommend maybe 3-4 coats, all depends on what you're satisfied with as in thickness and smoothness.

i guess itll do but it would **** me off if it was mine cuz it isnt a perfect match and it sticks out.
kind of looks that way in the picture but i assure you in real life its nearly an exact match to the factory paint

Old 04-09-2005, 10:39 AM

Hey thats a stock bumper otherwise right? and it looks really good like always mossy... It sticks out on the side a little bit though.

Old 04-09-2005, 10:51 AM

yep, stock bumper (except for i cut out the grill). and thanks. it sticks out a little because this winter i had to drive over a big snowbank and the corners of the lip cracked

Old 04-09-2005, 06:29 PM

Mossy, I think it's a great job, I don't see any diff. I'm getting ready to paint my civic, I'm going to be looking for tips from you!

Old 04-10-2005, 03:36 PM

Mossy: does clear coat make matching the paint a little better?

I use 4 can of froste white already and i still see a little gray. Man i swear white is the hardest color to paint.

Quick Reply: did some painting today