Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

EG body help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 04:17 AM
Default EG body help

I bought another EG after selling my AE86 after about 3 days a realized the guy who had it before seemed to get in a front end colision. Because the Hood has a gap between the bumper and the lights (enough to stick two fingers in) and the lights are pretty far back into the car and the corners are slanted, the fenders seem warped, and also the amber lights on the bottom dont work. Im hoping to go into Computer software programming and mechanics, so a tip or a way to fix this would be great!!EG body help-imag0023.jpg

Old 03-07-2012, 09:17 PM
HCF Member

take it apart and see what is broken and letting it fall back like that.

Take some pictures of it apart and post them... probably broken housing clips...

Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 AM

try taking your bumper off. lights off. try to re-align the body if that makes sense.. when i put my amber corners in i had the same problem.. also there was a pretty big gap but just pulled bumper off and that pretty much fixed the problem.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:52 PM

I found that it doesnt have a support bar..

Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 PM

took it all apart and the only thing that fixed was the Fenders. But the hood and bumper and lights are still off. I found out after taking the bumper off that it doesnt have a support bar/ rienforcement bar. Could that possibly mess things up?

Old 03-22-2012, 01:19 PM

Click the "edit" button next time. I am OCD about double posts within minutes of each other.

You mean the crash beam? I doubt that would have to do with bumper fitment if it was not there. I would want to know why it is not on there anymore. Maybe an accident with the previous owner that he "fixed" himself, but never replaced the crash beam? An accident would definitely tweak the entire front end and cause what you are seeing.

Also aftermarket headlights never fit 100% compared to OEMs, so that could be an issue. If it was in an accident, maybe that is why aftermarket head lights are installed, too?

EDIT - Sorry if I am asking redundant questions. I see you mentioned something about an accident in the OP, I bet you that is the reason you have this "issue". You can try to use washers to space the body panels to close up gaps. It helped me out a little bit in the past.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 03-22-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:27 AM

Edit button? Sorry new to this all! And there is a space between the right fender and the hood, and on the left fender there isnt any space at all, no even to put a credit card threw. The hood almost overlaps the left fender towrds the bumper. And yes I ment the crash beam, I say so because if i push the bumper up slightly, it looks to be fine (bumper wise). As for the hood I suggested it had gotten in a accedent of some sort. The original owner also made his own sunroof, then welded it closed.. But was the best price out there so why not buy it.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:45 AM

EDIT is located in the lower right corner of your post "box".

I would suggest get a crash beam on that car immediately. That is the part which takes the force from an accident. If not there, you could be in danger if you get into a front end collision. Please be careful with that.

As for the fitment, you can always try to open up the fender holes to be a little wider, and allow the fenders to be pushed out/in a little, then tightening the bolts down so it looks a little more uniform.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:42 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
As for the fitment, you can always try to open up the fender holes to be a little wider, and allow the fenders to be pushed out/in a little, then tightening the bolts down so it looks a little more uniform.

Do this and try to get the best fitment you can, and replace any missing parts, especially the front support/crash bar.