Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Engine bay appearence opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 08:37 PM
HCF Member
Default Engine bay appearence opinions!

The engine bay of my car is boring, lots of grey. I want to change things up a little bit, get some color goin' in side. I have a d16 in my 97 Ex, mostly stock engine. The only difference of my engine since this pic is I put on a breather filter on my VC and my white AEM filter.

Okay so now to what I am thinking. Instead of doing the regular crinkle red/black or just normal red/black VC, I wanted to do mine a purpleish blue. I don't know what got me stuck on it but I just think purpleish would look awesome. So I want to take the purpleish blue more than just VC, I would plan on doing brackets and things holding resiviours tanks and stuff that purple too since they are all nasty rusty and stuff. Spark plug wires I plan on getting some NGK's, probably blue. My car is more of a looker than it is speed, which hopefully next year while I'm in college I will either get a Teg or turbo this.

So any opinion as to what you think of my whole idea, colors, or anything else let me know! Everything you say I do consider so all opinions are appreciated.

-Scott

Last edited by Scott53092; 10-22-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:41 PM

Unless it's gonna be a show car, I wouldn't spend all the money on special hoses and plug wires. The engine's gonna be stock so you don't need performance plug wires. The hoses aren't gonna be under a lot of strain so you don't need the steel braided ones. For an engine running stock internals, it's just not cost effective to have the engine bay all blinged out.

If you keep the bay clean and paint the valve cover, that might just be enough.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:46 PM
HCF Member

Well the stuff is pretty cheap on ebay and wires aren't too bad of a price either.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Angry Admin

it will look nice prob... admittedly i'm colorblind and cant tell the difference between blue and purple but as long as you stick to one color scheme throughout the car it will avoid looking riced out. It's your money do what you want with it

Old 09-19-2009, 09:08 PM
HCF Member

Well then it'll all look matching to you, but you think the blue/purple will look kinda tacky?

Old 09-20-2009, 04:55 AM
HCF Member

personally i think yes it will look tacky the #1 thing to improve your engine bay is to do a wire tuck then paint your valve cover then scrub and scrub and scrub then you'll be happy with the look and will be happy that you never "went all out"

Old 09-20-2009, 06:11 AM
HCF Member

yea just paint the VC and the rusty brackets and it will be plenty of color

Old 09-20-2009, 12:59 PM

Braided steel hoses would look good. You should do actual braided steel hoses instead of sleeves though.

I think painting brackets and reservoirs will look bad.
Wrapping wires in colored tubing will look bad.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:39 PM
HCF Member

Keep it clean and well maintained. If you want to add color, it is your money do as you wish.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:48 PM
HCF Member

Colored tubing would look bad like trust said....
New hoses arent going to help anything....
Colored WIRE LOOM is GHETTTTTTTTTOOO

Degrease the engine bay and get it cleaned up
Paint the valve cover
If you have the ability get a wire tuck done.
After market header definitely cleans up the engine bay too...

Quick Reply: Engine bay appearence opinions!