Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Finally finished painting.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

Chill out people, obviously you don't know my humor, lol. I'm not knocking anyones paint job or car. I'm just stating my honest opinion on the matter and I sadly have very high standards for paint work (one of the family business'). Get a good buffer, those cheap 3 speed ones aren't worth the box they're shipped in.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:59 PM
HCF Member

its not my fight to fight lol but just for the record it didnt seem very humorous in my opinion and i just get upset cause theres alot of people who hate on people on this forum its pretty sad actually but yeah not to change this thread into a different topic or anything but like i said i think its a really good job considering hes no expert.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:15 PM
HCF Member

I sorry you can't appreciate my humor. I don't hate on people on this forum, I've been on here for about ~4.5-5 years, I'm pretty relaxed. To the OP, this might help if you aren't familiar: http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Cut...-Job&id=663909

Old 12-19-2008, 03:30 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the link man, and trust me ur opinion matter, and like 96CIVICcakes statd, it was my first time painting, and i learnd alot from my mistakes (as i painted the car twice because of mess ups) and i feel like it still didnt come out perfect in my eyes,but alot of ppl love it but i wish i did better even though i know i did great.

Im planing in about 2-3 years to re-do my paint job and make it better then it is but for the moment its not bad

again thanks for the link man,will read up on a alot of that stuff, i did this paint job with zero experience and look what i did,now imagine with experience

Old 12-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Recognized HCF Member

man i still need to paint my civic.LOL im just to lazy myself. ive been rocken it primered front end for afew months now.
eventually ill paint mine.LOL
tho i think ill wait till about spring to really work on the paint... i just dont feel like paying the heating bill for the shop right now.....

doesnt look to bad. lightly sanding and buffing should make it look even better.

tho with paint jobs its the little touches that makes or breaks the job.... for instance.... if you painted the inner fender liners... paint them black... or if you just removed them, slap them back in

also remove the front bumper and get some flat black spray paint and paint behind the grill openings and the lower splash guards....
its just one of those things that IMO makes a huge difference in the final outcome!!!!!
paintings defiantly something that you learn by doing and improve with every job!

Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 PM
HCF Member

couldnt put it in any other words

to me, painting your car almost feels like having a new car lol

Old 12-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya the fresh paint and everything all straight and smooth feels great!
my first paint job was on my 66impala... had its share of flaws after i painted it but it still looked great!!!

Old 12-19-2008, 06:52 PM
HCF Member

Its deff good to do stuff on your own instead of letting someone rip you off, and you can do what ever you want with out someone saying " ohh u want it like that, thats gona cost you more"

some stuff you leave to the experts, but im more of a DIY guy lol, pretty sure lots of guys/girls could agree with me on that 1

Old 12-19-2008, 07:31 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by madjoker14
Its deff good to do stuff on your own instead of letting someone rip you off
It's not that they're always ripping you off (yes, some do), but paint and body work is expensive for a reason, it takes TIME. Like yours, almost 2 or so months and you're still working on it after 2 attempts. Plus they have a lot of money in equipment.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

paint job doesn't look too bad. just wondering how much have you spend on painting it?

Quick Reply: Finally finished painting.