Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Fog lights - are they TRULY necessary?

Old 05-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Default Fog lights - are they TRULY necessary?

Hi everyone - newbie to the group - and about to purchase a 2005 Honda Civic EX SE.

However, I'm hesitating whether or not to have fog lamps/lights installed. Are they REALLY helpful in fog conditions? How about rain or snow? Do they make night driving easier for someone with less than perfect vision? I want to make a very informed choice here and I dont want to get them if all they will do is just look pretty on the car and **** off other drivers - I'm truly interested in safety here.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help on this.

Andrew

Old 05-12-2005, 11:49 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Fog lights - are they TRULY necessary?

fog lights tend to take up the slack where headlights leave off--fog lights have a short & wide beam --good for seeing the sides of the road-- headlights focus more down the road farther--driving lights have a "pencil beam" for seeing way down the road & as long as u have 55w bulbs u wont **** anybody off

Old 05-12-2005, 03:35 PM

personally i like driveing lights better than fog lights. fog lights do help. but seem to be too short to help during higher speed driveing in the fog.

Old 05-13-2005, 07:34 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: neon3kgt

personally i like driveing lights better than fog lights. fog lights do help. but seem to be too short to help during higher speed driveing in the fog.
bad idea in the first place. yes fog lights do help in fog. in addition to that, if you live in a place that has additional white stuff like snow, they will help in heavy snow storms as well, doing things like turning off ur head lights but leaving ur fogs and corners on save u alot of squinting and screeming