Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Got rear ended. Going to use the opportunity to upgrade.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:57 PM
HCF Member
Default Got rear ended. Going to use the opportunity to upgrade.

So my 2000 Civic EX sedan got rear ended last week in a hit and run and my car got totaled out. I am getting about 3300 back from insurance after the scrap yard deduction and all that. I am going to keep the car because to be honest, thats more than its worth, there is extensive superficial damage to the front passenger panels that I've been meaning to either fix or replace for years.

I'm not worried about painting or anything right now, since I am just in a situation where I have to avoid a car payment.

Damage wise from the recent accident, my trunk lid is gapped about two inches and it looks like its just going to have to be replaced. Scrap yard (and probably some other color for the moment) replacement for that. The rear bumper itself looks salvageable, and the trunk boot (or whatever the concave part of the trunk is called) is going to need some work.

So I think I am going to be able to get the body work and replacement parts for a couple grand at most, and I want to replace the tail lights with something after market.

I'll probably go with some head lights as well, just because mine have turned that dingy yellow OEM civic headlight color.

That said, I'm curious what you would suggest for best fit. My concerns (in order of importance) are:

1) Quality of product. I want best fit, best quality of part. I don't like stuff that breaks much, hence still driving my trusty civic.

2) Style. I'm not a loud person. I don't mind people knowing that I like my things to be nice though. And this not having a car payment thing has allowed me to get my bills caught up enough that I might actually get my car into pretty shape. That said, what lights do you find look best? I probably need something that is as close to pull the old ones out, put the new ones in as possible.

3) Price. I'm poorish. I go to college. I spend money on women. and I like to drink. So really, I wouldn't mind a good deal. I'd rather pay a bit more for a quality product though.

So...Suggestions on headlights and tail lights from those who have driven with and installed them would be much appreciated!

thanks!