Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

guages + pillar pod

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 11:50 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: guages + pillar pod

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

ORIGINAL: conceptualpolymer

By the way, have any of you guys removed your pillar cover? My service manual should arrive in a few days, but it may not mention this. I guess I can always ask the Honda parts guy at the dealership, but if someone here has already done it, maybe you can let us know how that thing comes off.
I have taken mine off before, it's held on by clips, just pull on it. Pull the top downwards and pull the acual part where the pods will go towards the back of the car and it comes off. Pull the part where the pods will go out first, then pull the top of it. Don't be scared to use some force.
Thanks. That's what I thought, but I didn't want to just start pulling and then hearing something crack! Since you've done it before, I feel better about giving it a try. I found the blue tach wire with the rubber boot on it. Now I need to access an instrument light wire for the tach and maybe the digital clock. I think the manual's schematic will steer me in the right direction. I can brobably trim the pod panel, attach it to the pillar, and then install it with some of the wires hanging under the dash for now.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:53 PM
HCF Member

My Autometer gauges don't look as nice and cost more, but I had to get 2.06 inch diameter gauges to fit in my pillar pod. By the way, a digital oil temperature gauge would be one of the most usefull gauges; it's just that they are not readily available.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:32 PM

windcalmer, i like that style too, not those exact ones but i have seen some that glow like that that look good.