Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

its soooo annoying!!!! help

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:12 PM
HCF Member
Default its soooo annoying!!!! help

ok i just put a short shifter in my car and my boot hangs down from my shift ****.i hate it. what are some ways so its up on my shift ****!! i was thinking of glue but im sure I'd hate it if i ever decided to change it out maybe use gorilla glue with a q-tip so it doesn't get runny. what are ways that would really work???? THANKS

Old 08-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Super Cereal Admin

maybe get some velcro tape? Put one side on the shifter and the other side on the inside of the boot... that way, the boot stays up, but you can still take the boot off if you need to.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:27 PM

yea it really annoyed me too about the shift **** and boot being so far apart. what i did is i just put my stock shift **** back on, so that the bottom of the shift **** would be flush with the ring on the shift boot. i decided to do that instead of rig the boot to stay up because i don't think the boot looks good when you make it all tall and stuff.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:30 PM
HCF Member

They sell this thing, I just got it for mine.. I'm installing a revo short throw shifter, Skunk2 ****, aluminum bushings, and this this.. Its like, I forgot the name. But, you put in the boot and screw it on the stick, then thread your shift **** onto it to keep the boot up. It cost me about $16 I think?

Old 08-10-2008, 06:37 PM
HCF Member

if you want a quick fix, then take the center console/shift boot out of the way, then get yourself quite a few rubberbands, and rap them around the area you want the shift boot collar to stay. then put the console back on and the shift ****.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:07 PM
HCF Member

velcro lolz!!

Old 08-10-2008, 10:49 PM
June 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by ej6buddy
if you want a quick fix, then take the center console/shift boot out of the way, then get yourself quite a few rubberbands, and rap them around the area you want the shift boot collar to stay. then put the console back on and the shift ****.
^^ditto, or utilize the awesomeness of zip ties!

Old 08-11-2008, 04:40 AM
HCF Member

I agree with trustdestruction, I don't like it when the boot is sitting up high. If you really like your shift **** (I assume it's aftermarket) than id try the ziptie or rubberband idea. I've done the rubberband one before and it worked pretty well. I just went to the store and grabbed a few of those really big rubberbands that they put on broccli and asparagus and stuff. lol Otherwise I'd stick the stock shifter back on. It'd prolly look a little cleaner.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:30 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ive heard of plenty of people just using electrical tape.... it was on my last shifter

cheap and most people have plenty laying around... at least i know i do.LOL i just taped mine up to be about mid way. looked fine to me.
i know my old skunk2 shifter **** had a nut on the bottom of the shifter i thought about extending the shifter boot all the way but i just didnt like the looks of it all the way up to the shifter **** so i just left it taped up

Old 08-11-2008, 05:52 PM
HCF Member

simple solution, order a real CTR shift boot and it totally deletes the problem with the little bumps inside the boot

or just use rubber bands..or super glue.

Quick Reply: its soooo annoying!!!! help