Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Just got done removing the tint in my car, now how do I tint?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Default RE: Just got done removing the tint in my car, now how do I tint?

ORIGINAL: mrkbnt

ORIGINAL: mlobitz

I have tinted mine, it's not difficult at all if you take your time. I used the pre cut tint from tint pro on ebay (great quality). I got a squeege and a spray bottle and slapped it on.. If your interested in saving some money and you are fairly handy I would do it yourself. Otherwise, listen to everyones advice and get it done professionally.
Yeah tint pro is the seller I was looking to get the tint from. I might do that and have the back hatch done at a shop since it is so big and I am worried about not getting air bubbles out of the defrost grid area.
I haven't done the back yet, my car was just recovered from a theft.

Let the pros do it. Tint is hard to do with out patients. Some places even have a life time warrenty. They replace it if there is any bubbles.
They should all do it.....

Old 06-15-2007, 10:35 AM
HCF Member

Man some places are trying to rape me here. One place said $150-$170 over the phone ans could have even done it that day. I couldnt so I just went in to talk about what percentage they would do since they couldnt over the phone. I went it and they said it was going to be $270. And I left.

Then, I got a deal through a place my work goes through. I set up an appointment and went in the day before so I could tell them what percentage I wantet. I went in and they said they would only do 35% because that is the law here. Which there are many cars here with darker than 35% Then he tried to sell me a thicker yet darker type of tint that was 35% but was $100 more. That would have put me at $320 with a discount. I said Hellllllll no. anyways, I cant believe these people.[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-15-2007, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

i paid $300 for my tint... just putting that out there...

Old 06-15-2007, 05:29 PM
HCF Member

I think I may end up posting a tutorial on how to tint widows. Its really not hard to do, especially the way I do it.

After the window is all clean, Hold the tint up to the window, and roughly estimate how much you will need, and cut a big piece. Then spray it down with water, keep it soaking wet, and peel the clear piect from the tint(as you remove the clear, have someone spray it with water) Then stick the oversized piect of tint on the window. Then, get a credit card, or whatever, to smoothen out the bubbles. Then cut some of the excess tint off from around the edge of the tint. Keep smoothening out the tint until there are no bubbles. (the water you sprayed will help keep you able to work witht the tint, it should give you plenty of time to spread out all of the bubbles)

Then once it is all smooth, it should be getting dry, when you smooth it out with the card, it removes the water, and starts to dry. Take a razorblade and with a steady hand, cur around the very outside of the window.

I may end up making a good TUT on this, Ill tint my windows, and have someone takiing pics of everything I do.

You can tint your windows for about $20 bucks. The cheapest Ive ever heard a car being tinted was like $150.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:10 AM
HCF Member

Dont cheap out on tint, you'll regret it. Itll start peeling and cracking ina couple years. Take it to a shop and get it done. If they don't offer a lifetime warranty go somewhere else.