Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

lambo doors??

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 12:15 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: lambo doors??

Door poppers are ok I had them on a truck once and there cool until one screws up or your battery dies then your locked out.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:14 AM
HCF Member

have two poppers. but you really prolly shouldnt get a shaving 'kit'. you should just take out the door handles, install the popper, weld some aluminium over where the handles were, sand, strip the paint, prime, paint.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:24 PM
HCF Member

i was looking into this a little wile ago..it will probably cost you like $1500 + for GOOD lambos and installation, higens are easy to install but you need someone to roll your fenders so it clears your door

Old 02-22-2006, 01:24 AM

I bought a cheap set of lambo hinges on ebay ($550). "Bolt on kit", fit like crap. Ended up taking them back. I shaved the door handles, moldings, and trunk lock. Next will be the antenna, possibly the roof seams, and some rear end work involving taillights, and license plate bucket. I purchased a "shaved handle kit" made by VPA which worked great. I later added a trunk selenoid as well which worked with the VPA system. I installed the door selenoids some time ago, but haven't installed the door poppers yet. So if you decide to shave your handles, be sure to install the poppers as well. Honda doors are lightweight, although not light enough to open without assistance. Good luck with the lambos, or shaved handles, or both.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:19 AM

lambo doors are usually used for show cars, etc...if this is your regular driver car, you will run into problems. They are not meant to be opened and closed continuously every day all the time. just keep that in mind if you are still looking into them.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:33 AM
HCF Member

This reminds me of something I saw somewhere once...

I'm going to buy a Lamborghini and put Civic doors on it.
They already did that, it's called a Gallardo

Haha, anyways... I have nothing constructive to add. Other than you'll be paying out the *** if you want it done right.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:24 PM

if u shave your handles make sure u do it right and if u don't know anything about auto body and what kind of sand paper is for what then get it done by a pro. u don't want to be driving and them fall out cause the filler didn't hold. some dude i know did it to his cavalier and he rolled up to the car wash(yes this is the place were us car poeple hang out)and the entrance is slanted with a speed bump well as soon as he hit the bump the drivers door fell out. it was funny as hell and thats when he took it to a pro.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:15 PM

def. take it to a pro to get your handles shaved nothing is worse then seening a amateur shave job. the handle isn't there but the line is . you shouldn't need poppers for a civic. 35lb acuators will work just fine the poppers are meant for doors that weigh alot. i only have acuators and the door opens enough to open it. the lambo doors aren't hard to install but def get good ones. as far as rolling the fenders that is easy if u have the right tools. but you should know what your doing to do either of these or u will end up with a higher bill in the end. and yea i agree they are for show cars only. if i had to drive my civic everyday it would be off a cliff by now.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:55 PM

Yea STAY away from lambos unless you pay.... If you don't want them falling off you will pay.

Old 02-24-2006, 05:41 PM

I also have 35 lb actuators installed in my civic, but my doors just barely pop open enough to grab it with your fingertips. I am pricing interiors now, as I continue the body mods. Anyone find a vinyl interior kit they are happy with?? I'm also interested in lowering my civic slightly. Anything close to an inch would be cool. Any suggestions? 95 ex civic. Thanks