Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

LED CLUSTER INSTALL =)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:33 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: LED CLUSTER INSTALL =)

Looks a ton better then stock. If you plan to try it out yourself I can try and put a diy of my version because I know addiction has one already. I barely had any experience I just kind of went with it. Followed addictions beginning steps but the way I mouted my strips differed.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member

o ya... i love my lighting
and my audio/BASS

and i just bought my alpine double din unit

and soon enough i will upgrade my side cathodes to match from front and rear 6foot led flex strips

these things are the best that ive ever used!!!!!
and anyone that has tried them should agree with me you can beat someone with them while they are lite up without worrying about breaking them. LMFAO

Old 01-24-2007, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

ok thanks man ill probably order me some before summer. how many strips did you order and what size?

Old 01-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

three 9.5inch strips works preaty nice...

Old 01-24-2007, 07:54 PM
HCF Member

or maybe 4-5 of the 4 inch onces. i had to cut some of the strips to make it fit easier.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i could see 5 of the small strips. still waiting to see how ya did yours

i still gotta do my heater and other bulbs to blue leds but my tax check is already gone.LMFAO
my new car radio, and the remander i used to buy my home audio amplifier... gonna use my 2 10s to shake the S*** outta my house my medium surround sound sub is decent but not loud enough

Old 01-24-2007, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

haha oh well basically i ditched the straight onto gauge plan. i ended up just moving it a tad bi farther back and it looks alot better. i thought i screwed up my gas guage because it was full the entire day of driving. i just forgot a screw. just fixed some hot spots. that darn 60 is a tuff one and thats bassically it. looks amazing. if you get started on that heater control and such tell me how your doing it. im guessing the strips wont fit in there so simple leds would do. also going to change the drive,reverse,park panel under the shifter ( i have an automatic ). should look sweet once all done.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya i havent decided about the heater controls yet...
tho i think im just gonna use some Extremely bright pre-wired superflux 4-chip LED
http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux

Name:  taillighttintdone018.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  22.7 KB
they work preaty good.... tho i still gotta buy them also...and if i sand the tips of the leds it might get rid of the hot spots alittle beter...
tho i think im gonna wait till i instal my double din radio..... and check out the heater controls first hand what they look like inside...
i dont want to cut them up cause those are to expensive!

i get that radio on the 30th i cannt wait to get it in!!!!!!

i thought about doing the indicator leds in the shifter thing BUT aaaaaa looks good enough for me.... my exterior color is green and my interior is blue... so i think it looks fine...

i changed all my indicator lights in my trucks gauges and hated it! and i do mean EVERY light in the gauges.LOL turn signals where blinding as well as all the other indicators.LOL

Old 01-25-2007, 09:32 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass
and soon enough i will upgrade my side cathodes to match from front and rear 6foot led flex strips

Addiction how are you going to attach the flexible strips to the bottom of the car?

Old 01-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Recognized HCF Member

preaty much exactly how i did my cold cathode bulbs....
which has two other reasons... one which is the greatest... TO HIDE THE BULBS or in this case leds
and two for protection... something flips up it wont hurt the units...

i use some aluminum L channeling..... and i use afew selftaping SHORT screws to screw into the body and where i can ZIP TIES

and the 6ft length strips that ive gotten come already with some nice 3M double sided tape... so ive just been cleaning the channeling and geting the double sided tape to stick good..... and just incause i have a few zip ties around them JUST INCASE the double sided tape breaks loose the zip ties will hold the majority of the strips up outta the way and try to use some black zip ties.... but ive used the white/clear ties and i just bust out alittle spray paint on them so they arent as visable...

now not ALL of my strips are protected by the channeling... like infront i have it curled around and zip tied up to the front hook spots.... and afew holes into the plastic belly parts and simply a zip tie thru the holes to hold the plastic tight...
preaty easy... main thing is just hiding the lights!

now my front strip is slightly visable BUT when spring comes my front lip will cover it up great

Quick Reply: LED CLUSTER INSTALL =)