Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls.... pg 3 pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:59 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: JUST ORDERED. more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls....

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

i'm f'ing sick of thinking about wiring, i've just spent hours upon hours feeding and running wires to wire up my trunk light, after all of the work, i plug it in, and the damn thing doesn't work, i'm so pissed right now, i'm just gonna rip it all out tomorrow.
why not use your stock wiring back thier? just take out your stock trunk light and tie into the wires thier!
well, see, there's the problem there, i didn't have a stock trunk light installed (that's what i'm trying to install). i had to run the wires through the entire deck lid and to the rear quarter panel where i had to tap into to get a constant 12v, then i had to tie into the switched ground that's hooked up to the trunk latch, but now the f'ing thing doesn't want to work, i even blew the interior lighting fuse, so right now, it's just pissing me off like usual. (nothing goes smoothly when i do this type of ****.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:07 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: JUST ORDERED. more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls....

i was actaully wondering why you didnt do a green LED cluster with the rest of your green lights all around your car, i'm excited to see what it looks like.

and btw your interior looks great addiction

Old 07-08-2007, 11:09 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy
well, see, there's the problem there, i didn't have a stock trunk light installed (that's what i'm trying to install). i had to run the wires through the entire deck lid and to the rear quarter panel where i had to tap into to get a constant 12v, then i had to tie into the switched ground that's hooked up to the trunk latch, but now the f'ing thing doesn't want to work, i even blew the interior lighting fuse, so right now, it's just pissing me off like usual. (nothing goes smoothly when i do this type of ****.
i just tapped into my 12V and ground off of my amp to wire my trunk lights, its fairly easy to hide the wires and its alot more convenient then running it all the way from the fuse box in the front. Then i just mounted a switch right on my box and im all set

Old 07-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Recognized HCF Member

im suprised ya dont have a trunk light... i thiought they all did! mine looks stock... i was just gonna cut the wires and remove that light under the rear deck and route my wires that way...

BUT the simplest way to rig up a trunk switch is to get one of those ground switches... personaly id rather buy a new door pin switch from honda and put that in the back that way it looks stock... then simply hook it up to the ground wire on the lights.

and well main reason i went with blue is because EVERYTHING i had in the car was blue... my old sirius radio, my digital voltage display, my radio...

but like i said THIS cluster will be more of a experiment..... hopefully ill get my leds and such wed... then i can complete the AC controls and then start working on the experimental cluster....

Old 07-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Recognized HCF Member

WELL pictures arent that great but heres a quick cut pasted before after... THO im not FULLY done yet... i still have to sand the leds flat on the sides so the ywill slide into the buttons! BUT so far not to bad.... solder job isnt the best cause i cannt find my solder remover copper stuff. ill have to buy somemore. then finish soldering the blue leds and resistors for the backlighting of those buttons... BUT hardest part done

Name:  ledbeforeafter.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  31.9 KB

lots brighter!

Old 07-08-2007, 05:29 PM
HCF Member

you will definitely be able to see if it is on. looks great

Old 07-08-2007, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

Addiction, Is there any way I could get you to posta pic of the rear side ofthe A/C control panel? I know a guy who sells premade leds built into resistors and I was wanting to swap all of mine to blue as well. Only problem is whether they will work or not. I bought two of his leds and switched my gauge panel turn indicators to blue and they look great. Before I pull my whole dash apart though, I wanted to see if they would work for the AC controls, or if I should just follow your lead and make them myself. I'd really appreciate the pics.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:37 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya ill snap some pics later tonight. but for the backlights ya it will BUT for the indicator lights those have to be soldered out and back in as well as resistors.... and any 5MM leds have to be sanded down preaty flat on the sides for them to fit BUT 3MM leds will slide right in thier no sanding needed.... ill post up some pics of what i mean when i get my 1 led sanded down...

Old 07-09-2007, 05:26 AM

^ i was just thinkin is it possible to put LED in the a/c vents like to make them glow blue/red, becasue sicne everythign else on ur car is glowining the a/c vents would look sweet if they too can glow.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:36 AM
HCF Member

yeah it's possible.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22907/689F8A46FCB942CFAE6720D02F7EEE0D.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: more leds and strips for cluster and HAVAC controls.... pg 3 pics