HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Inside and Out (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/)
-   -   must have hit a yellow pole (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/inside-out-9/must-have-hit-yellow-pole-77596/)

PunisherInOKC 08-11-2009 11:23 AM

You don't NEED one, but they are nice. They let you do the work a lot faster, and without the pain. If you do get one, remember to NEVER let it get dry whilst using it. Instant FUBAR paint job. lol.

gooberguy 08-11-2009 02:15 PM

otherwise i can just get some compound and elbow grease it out?

jprommel 08-11-2009 02:44 PM

yes. i hate this whole typing five characters bullsh!t

gooberguy 08-12-2009 01:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
thanks for the help guys worked great! pics ahead....

stuff i used
Attachment 17517
and how it looks after
Attachment 17518

PunisherInOKC 08-12-2009 03:08 PM

Nicely done sir. Nice to see her without that nasty yellow.

gooberguy 08-15-2009 07:19 AM

thanks punisher, and thanks for your help.

also i was wondering, can i use that same stuff to get the swirls out of my hood, and the rest of the finish? i have so much of it left

krammer 08-15-2009 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by gooberguy (Post 663344)
i must have hit a yellow pole that you usually find at drive-thru's, because i saw on my drivers side bumper a few streaks of yellow about 2inches high and about 4 inches wide.

i tried using a rag with water, with intense elbow grease, but nothing budged. any ideas?

If you are looking to remove the yellow paint this is very easy, I was a Detail Manager for many years anyhow, Use rag and lacquer thinner or mineral spirits

krammer 08-15-2009 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by BX_Civic (Post 663346)
buffer and buffing compound, be careful not to burn the paint.

You do not need to use a buffer nor compound to remove paint! You are asking for serious trouble especially if he or she doesnt have any experience with a buffer

gooberguy 08-15-2009 07:53 AM

krammer i already removed the paint check my post a few posts up.

i was wondering if i could use the same compound to clean out the swirls in my hood or is that a different product.

krammer 08-16-2009 06:57 AM

Compound is good for deep scratches or oxidation. The swirls in the paint are there because you or who ever was dry buffing it with not enough chemical anyhow what is the speed for the buffer? You need to slang (cut the paint again) not compound as well, use a chemical a lot lighter, less grittier then, find a polish for the second step then lastly I would use a paint sealant which gives your finish a long lasting shine. I cannot give you any chemical names because I used distributor (professional companies) delivered to the business but anything else as for car detailing I know like the back of my ass. Just Ask Me!

If using compound as the first step, the second step you need to remove the scratches in the clearcoat because of the compound, third step using a polish will bring the swirls out. last sealing and protecting the clearcoat for that long lasting shine.