Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Need help with upgrading interior bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Default Need help with upgrading interior bulbs

So my dome light burned out and the gauge/cluster lights are really dim...so I've been looking into changing all of these but am a bit confused....

This is for a 1999 Honda Civic EX Sedan...from searching online these are the lights I think should work (without modification) but I just want to make sure.

Dome Light:
3022-xHP4: 4 High Power LED Festoon Bulb
Super Bright LEDs - Error Page

Now there are two dome lights in my honda, the one that you need to turn on with the switch and the one that opens when the door is open...would the 3022 bulbs work for both of those?

Gauge/Cluster:
I know I need 1 #194 and 5 #74, right? but since I am replacing them I want something brighter, so I've been looking at these LEDs.

#74:
Would these work? the base looks weird...I have seen the #74 before so I am not sure if these would fit without modification?

#194:
Would those work?

And one final thing, what type of bulb is the rear license plate bulb?

So those are the bulbs I have been looking at...please let me know if those are the right ones or where I should look for others....

Thanks

Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 AM
HCF Member

I am pretty sure you picked the right bulb for the dome light. I just ordered the same one, so I hope you did. I'm not sure about the gauge cluster lights, but I'm pretty sure I just ordered these for the license plate: WLED-xHP Specifications. Superbrightleds has a vehicle bulb finder feature, just in case you haven't seen it.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:00 PM
HCF Member

none of your links work.

but for the instrument lights you need 3 in front and 2 on top in 74. i recommend the 74-xHP3. You also need 1 194/168 and i recommend the wled-HP6. If i remember correctly the license plate light also uses this bulb and i recommend the wled-HP6 for those as well. you will need 2

For the dome light

The dome light 3022 will work. Also the trunk light uses this bulb as well just in case you want to replace them as well.

I recommend superbright leds for led bulbs. Super Bright LEDs - Miniature Wedge Base Bulbs

Old 05-16-2011, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
none of your links work.

but for the instrument lights you need 3 in front and 2 on top in 74. i recommend the 74-xHP3. You also need 1 194/168 and i recommend the wled-HP6. If i remember correctly the license plate light also uses this bulb and i recommend the wled-HP6 for those as well. you will need 2

For the dome light

The dome light 3022 will work. Also the trunk light uses this bulb as well just in case you want to replace them as well.

I recommend superbright leds for led bulbs. Super Bright LEDs - Miniature Wedge Base Bulbs
thanks! sorry about the links...so just to make sure all those bulbs don't require any modification, right?

Old 05-16-2011, 11:49 AM
HCF Member

no modification needed