Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Noise w/Gutted interiors

Old 11-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Default Noise w/Gutted interiors

How much noise do you guys with gutted interiors get? Any vibrations? I'm completely stripping the inside of my car. The only things left will be the 2 front seats, the shifter coming out of the floor, handbrake (possibly leaving that part of the console), dash and all of that, no carpet or plastic mouldings anywhere besides that.

Old 11-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Default RE: Noise w/Gutted interiors

it'll prolly be pretty loud..im not really sure because i've never gone that extreme but when i drove around with just my back seat out the exhaust got pretty annoyingm i could always here the gas in the gas tank swishing around, and i would hear rocks and w/e else hitting under the car...why r u gutting it?

Old 11-04-2005, 05:14 PM

power:weight. Is there any other reason?

Old 11-04-2005, 05:49 PM

bingo.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:05 PM

i mean, r u going to race it alot or r u going to just drive it around town and race occasionaly. i understand that gutting it for racing is good but driving around all the time gutted might get a lil annoying. u could prolly try laying some dynomat around ur car so it wont be so noisy. either way tho, have fun with the power:weight ratio cuz that will be a lot of lost weight and more fun

Old 11-04-2005, 06:44 PM
HCF Member

Ive rode in several gutted vehicles (not hondas but a jeep cherokee and a 5.0 mustang) and its noisy as hell. It gets really annoying. Your going to start hearing really scary noises.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

when i had my trunk stripped it was loud as hell and thats just taking the carpet wood and spare tire crap out. i could hardly drive the car.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:07 PM
HCF Member

gutting a Daily Driver is a stupid *** idea.

Old 11-05-2005, 12:15 AM

My honda is gutted comptly and it is a damn rattl box. the only reason i gutted it, because its my track car. If u are going to drive it everyday its not a good idea.

Old 11-05-2005, 10:32 AM
HCF Member

and if a cop pulls you over, he will assume you are out looking for races, and will be a major jerk about it. but seriously, how much weight do you think youre going to get out? not more than 200 pounds. and i would be surprised if it was even that high. not worth the drawbacks. and yeah, its loud as hell. ive taken mine out a few times for various (legal) races, and ill keep it out for a day or two, and its so nice how quiet it is when i put it back. but i did compromise by taking out all of my sound deadening under the carpets. that will make less of a difference, and takes about 30-60 pounds, depending on the trim level. my DX didnt have much over 40 pounds worth, but an EX or an SI has quite a bit more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noise w/Gutted interiors