Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

opinions on seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:44 PM
HCF Member
Default opinions on seat covers

I am looking at getting front and rear seat covers when I get the money. I cant afford real racing seats but I wanted to get rid of the tan suede and put black seat covers on to give a little sportier look.

how do semi-custom ebay seat covers generally fit on? is there a zipper, elastic, ties?

I was looking at these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...Q5fAccessories

Anybody have any tips or suggestions?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

usually, there is a flap that you slide thru the cracks from the backrest and the seat part, then on the back, you attatch it to the clips. their always sliding. i had some blue and black seat covers that looked like racing seats, they looked half decent but allways moved, i would just save up for real seats haha.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:09 AM
HCF Member

do they make rear bench racing seats too?

Also, are there any honda models that come with black interior that I might be able to switch the seats from?

Old 12-27-2009, 07:16 AM

Unfortunately, I believe pepboys sells racing seat covers for the rear bench, but they look tacky and out of place.

You could always grab a set of rear seats from a 96-00 Civic with a dark grey interior. However, it would purely be a appearance change, the seats wouldn't be any more comfortable than they are now.

I'm glad to read that supersize mentioned that he "had" the covers, but is hinting that he trashed them since they were garbage.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:15 AM
March 2010 ROTM

Don't waste your money on covers. Just find a Civic or Integra in a junk yard and take what you want. If you have a pull-a-part near you, you can get a full set for dirt cheap. Seat covers are terrible, they came in my first car and were nothing but dirt collecting pieces of crap that slid off the seat all the time.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Unfortunately, I believe pepboys sells racing seat covers for the rear bench, but they look tacky and out of place.

You could always grab a set of rear seats from a 96-00 Civic with a dark grey interior. However, it would purely be a appearance change, the seats wouldn't be any more comfortable than they are now.

I'm glad to read that supersize mentioned that he "had" the covers, but is hinting that he trashed them since they were garbage.

yeah they looked like ****.. i still have them laying around somewhere, but yeah, i wouldnt even bother with seat covers. just check craigslist for seats, alot of times they part out wrecked ricer civics and you can find racing seats in there, or some mint integra seats. i got R-1 racing seats from craigslist, mint, and their confortable as hell. everyone complains about how racing seats are uncomfortable and not good for DD but i love to ride in my car, it supports your back, their just comfy! haha

Old 12-27-2009, 10:36 PM
HCF Member

ha ha, i have some seat covers XD but mainly to protect my seats, i just got the best looking ones i could although they dont fit 100%... they work though ha ha

Old 12-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i just looked, mine are still on my EK seats haha, i forgot i put them on to kinda protect them from the dust in my basement haha.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:53 AM
HCF Member

yeah, ill prolly stick with the ol tan suede then O_o until I get some money to spend. Any suggestions on cheap ways to make a tan interior less hideous? Already have black wheel cover and floor mats.

Old 12-28-2009, 07:10 AM
HCF Member

Id suggest taking off wheel cover and getting tan floormats, it will match better, tan sucks but its there, just live with it..... or you can read wellfedhobo's project thread...

Quick Reply: opinions on seat covers