Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Questions on a Paint job

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Default Questions on a Paint job

Hey guys i was looking to get a paint job on my 99 civic EX coupe, i called a local customs shop and they apraised me at around 1,200$ which seemed like a good price, is this the right price? should i be worried about quality? thanks

Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 PM
HCF Member

you should check out their work and find some reviews about them. but $1200 is a good price, doesn't sound like its one of those higher end paint job because those go for about $2000. Sometimes you just can't really tell from the price. i would say $1200 should be a decent job

Old 01-27-2010, 05:48 AM
HCF Member

Check some other cars they did and get some kind of deal that if they mess up than THEY fix it...

A lot of rip offs out there.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Definatly see where he is painting it at. If they dont have a legitament paint booth, dont bother. I got my quarter pannel replaced and re-painted and it has orange peel like a ****.. just make sure they have the right equipment and ask around to see if there reputable.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
February 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by supersize
Definatly see where he is painting it at. If they dont have a legitament paint booth, dont bother. I got my quarter pannel replaced and re-painted and it has orange peel like a ****.. just make sure they have the right equipment and ask around to see if there reputable.
i painted 6 cars out of my garage and all came out immaculate and orange peel just means that the painter didnt take the time to wet sand and buff which is super tedious and most hate doing it. I didnt have a paint booth either but still no dust or anything in any of the cars. Its all about how much time and effort you put into it.

1200 isnt a bad price at all are you painting it a different color?? ask what it includes cause most will just sand down the finish you have now somewhat just to take off the clear then spray it. Ask if door jambs are included in the price if a different color. Its all about prep in painting cars if the prep is done right and they know how to paint it will work out well.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Word.

My dad used to have a booth but we took it down....

He paints out of the garage now and always the same result, flawless. we always hose down the garage to be absolutely sure no dust can fly around, and he has a huge industrial sized fan that puts in work also.... sorry for the rant lol.

Booth is important though, not ALWAYS necessary.

OP just find some reviews.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:41 AM
HCF Member

like the guy justin above me said make sure whereever you get it painted, the guy isn't a tard and doesn't prep his work before he paints it, it doesn't matter how good of a painter you are or how badass your tools are, if you didn't prep it; it'll turn out like ***. i'm going to school for all this and i learned this after i started school and after i painted my side moldings and screwed them up. prep work is the key to success. and def make sure you ask him questions on his work and what all he will do for the money.