Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic runing and driving, PAGE 8 suspension geting fixed.

I think with the S-Techs on mine the guy said with it adjusted all the way out I was at -.25% ....where I had it set when I installed them to drive it there was -2% I didnt eyeball it all that well heh.

Old 11-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: 9-06-07 project civic runing and driving, PAGE 8 suspension geting fixed.

o man... bent subframe not to bad tho i guess.... only about 0.1 off.... i dont know if its worth it to fix it........ but camber is all good and toe is all good now just waiting on parents to either get home or for me to get on my bike and go get my civic and bring it back home. LMFAO tho its cold outside
camber is just SLIGHTLY off BUT within spec.... but those are still stock arms. ill swap them out when i get my next suspension cause ill need it.LOL

so its all good now ready for winter driving!!!!!! O YA..... i also bought some goo synthetic oil for it so i just need to pull it out into the shop and change out the fluid and filter.... i was going to run synthetic at first BUT wasnt sure if thier was any hiding dirt in the motor or other contaminates........ so should be flushed out preaty good by now. motor was clean when i got it so i asume previous owner also used synethic oil.... and ive replaced all the exterior oil seals SO shouldnt be a problem.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well i got impatient and found a bike..... LMFAO
VERY LONG........ 4mile long bike ride with a JACKED UP BIKE. LMFAO bikes gears where stuck on the like 10% speed.... smallest main gear and smallest rear gear.... not COMPLETLY SLOWEST BUT CLOSE. LMFAO now i see why the bike was thrown away. LMFAO i couldnt find my old good bike anywhere.... i get back home after driving around for a bit and filling it up with gas to talk to my dad and he put the good bikes in his trailer..... DDDDDOOOOOOPPPPPPEEEEEE. [:@]

BUT O WELL.... i got my baby back and it seems to track great... so im not sure what the caster being off will do.....
not sure if ill even worry about it ever if it realy wont hurt anything......
was going to change the oil but after that bike ride my feet and hands hurt. LMFAO i havent rode a bike in...... well let me thing...... say like around 12 years now. LMFAO man that makes me feel old.LOL

so tomorow ill change the oil and DEFINATLY weld up that crapy muffler.... its about to fall off now. LOL its kinda straped to the car so im not worried about it falling off at least..... but just looks very bad that it keeps floping side to side. LMFAO

and next week ill buy a replacement cat converter and HOPE that quites down the exaust abit..... then maybe look into buying a new stockish muffler MAYBE....... depends how it sounds after the cat is instaled.....

Old 11-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well thinking of selling it. not cause i dont like it... I LOVE IT... BUT bills are very high and if i do sell the car it would be GREAT to pay off all my bills that have been building up since i bought my black 99civic.... and id still have some money to start looking for a decent hatchback project car......
so the JOY of paying off ALL my bills does outweigh the joys of driving a manual....... im just realy tired of geting raped by these horible %rates from my credit cards!!!!!!!!

BUT i know one thing i will not take less than $3,500bucks cash for it.... ive posted it in the local free craigslist website and ive had a few people say 3K offer BUT im VERY FIRM on 3,500 or ill keep it..... if i dont get 3,500 i wont be able to pay off all my bills and have enough cash to buy another project car but this time a hatchback...
ive figured i have just about 2K bucks cash in thier car AND all my labor/work/time spent on this.... i think all my labor is worth 1,500bucks........ all the fine touches ive tried puting into this civic so its ready to run forever, trouble free.....
but if i cannt get 3,500cash im just gonna keep it and rock it and keep puting money into it.....
at least over the winter i SHOULD be able to knock half my bills down.... cause i dont realy need anything else on the 94civic besides paint.....
BUT if i did deside to sell the civic AFTER i do all that paint work. id want at least 5Kbucks for it.LOL which id probably NEVER GET so id definatly be keeping it.LMFAO im tired of loosing money from my toys... ive always caved in to much, NOT NO MORE when it comes to resale!!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ok well since im sure i wont sell the car..... let the mods continue...

well today i got my replacement climate controls with the AC button... since my AC button is MIA...LOL

so decided to pull it apart and play with it
and SINCE my AC system is missing as well.... well that button is thier and not used for anything... SO NOW ive tweeked it around a bit

cut the wires from the switch..... so NOW my AC switch is what evern i make it into a switch.... which im not sure WHAT ill use it for BUT i know its thier and ready to be hooked up not sure if ill do anything with the AC print......
i would have pictures BUT i left my hot glue gun out in the shop so havent glued in my green cold cathodes into the cotrols YET so nopictures yet till ive got it back together.

i have my current controls because one the AC button is missing which just looks bad PLUS the controls for some reason dont work on the current controls. if i smash the dash they would work, but after thatt didnt want to just come back on working again next time i fliped the light switch very disapointing!

so this time im puting in some green cold cathodes, dual 4inch versions, i thought about flexable LEDs BUT the lense and light location is so close that leds wont look even.... so i just turned on the cold cathodes for a few mins till they heated up preaty good then simply pulled the bulbs outside of the protective case they are in. which removed is only like SLIGHTLY thicker than the lead in a normal pencil

Old 11-26-2007, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

lol...you need the AC button to be nos.....

Old 11-26-2007, 06:28 PM
June 2010 ROTM

you could use the A/C button as a fuel cutoff switch, just don't tell us if you do

Old 11-27-2007, 01:18 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: danomatic93

you could use the A/C button as a fuel cutoff switch, just don't tell us if you do
O WOW.... that is a sweet idea!!!!!!!!
hum..... might have to do that after all.....
i was gonna have it to control some aftermarket lighting of some kind... but that is a sweet idea!!!!!!!

well ok today i finished it up I THINK... only thing im not sure about is the stock back lighting wires. but they way i have it wired i can simply switch the wires on the transformer realy fast to corect just incase i did get it backwards.LOL cause im not testing it inside the car hooked up... but before i hook the wires up to anything aftermarket i will test them....

but so far AC switch im preaty sure is good but i will test...

and my backlighting should look sweet! next thing to do is the gauges to match..... all in due time that is... but any more lighting that i add will be in cold cathodes.... just so it will match perfectly or at least REALY CLOSE.... downfall is i lose all dimming posibilities BUT o well i dont even use them in my 99 with leds.LOL so this should work out perfect...

well enough chat... heres some pictures i promised

start out with the AC switch customize... cut two wires and splice on your own wires in thier place...

i did overkill with gauge wire BUT its all i had laying around.LOL

and heres a video of the AC switch working.... lights up my other leds right now. ill just have to use a POSITIVE conection to go thru the switch so the led indicator works properly. just have to use a relay since that little switch wont do good at all with to much voltage flow im sure.LOL
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ertrick-11.flv

and onto the backlighting for the temp controls...

grab some 4inch cold cathodes.... hook them up for a few mins and the wires should get warm and slightly pull on them and the bulb should SLIDE right out with ease....

alittle HOT GLUE. my adhesive of choice

test em again..

route the wires and snap the controls all back together... after cuting the wires on the controls stock backlighting and soldering wires from the transformer to them....

and your done

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ertrick-39.flv

another little video of the lighting tho not much just a video instead of picture.LOL

hum...... guess i need to figure out that fuel cutoff switch wiring now.......
is it just find the positive wire on the fuel pump itself under the rear seat.... cut it and splice in the new wires for the switch to interupt the signal? at least thats how i figure doing it.

no one would EVER think about the AC button being lite up would control the fuel pump... just wire it so when the light is OFF the fuel pump is off.
GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

and im realy not worried about someone on this site finding out about a fuel cutoff location. LOL im also going to instal a full car alarm so its only a failsafe backup for the alarm system. just extra security.

O YA REASON THE LIGHTS ARE GREEN and not BLUE is because i will paint the car back green original color
just if ya guys think green is a bad idea.LMFAO

Old 12-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Recognized HCF Member

also alittle update... i was thinking about trading this coupe for a hatchback BUT i kept thinking over and over.... man i dont want to loose my power windows/locks and around 30HP.LOL
SO i guess i will just be looking for hatchback SHELL... this way i could buy it cheap.... as well as swap all my power options, motor, driveline you know all the goodies that i want!
only problem with that is.... ya just dont see to many hatchback SHELLS.... or atleast one thats not wrecked....

BUT until then ill keep up work on the coupe....
tomorow ill try to fix the drivers seat lean and depending on how long that takes to get right i might try to instal the modified climate controls.... cause im tired of having to hit the dash JUST RIGHT for that one light in the controls to turn on. LMFAO

and if anyone doesnt know i also found out how jacked up my shifter is on the tranny!!!!! aparently the last guy when he pulled the tranny instead of pulling the collar and pin he musta grinded down the rivet and put a bolt in it to reconect it... and over time ITS WORN PREATY BAD if youve seen the pictures of how bad its stretched out.... and im not sure if its just me or what.... but ever since i found out its NOT SUPOSED to be like that.... it feels like the shifting is geting worse and worse.... needless to say i realy need to get it replaced!

also decided when i do get my tax return check im gonna buy the replacement cat converter for it and put the rest of my tax check to bills... will just take me longer before i start the body work.....

and today i just put my hubcaps from my 99civic onto them cause stock height with bare steelies kinda looks PREATY BAD. LMFAO

so its still coming together little by little....
dont want you guys to think im ditchen it..... but body work will probably be my last project for this civic since i might be swaping all my power guts into a hatchback shell.....
i figure if i do gutt all my power toys and such ill slap this coupe up for a project car again for 200bucks with what i dontt swap into the hatchback.LMFAO

Old 12-09-2007, 12:52 AM
HCF Member

Wow... Just finished reading through all 13 pages of this thread. Amazing. The amount of work that you have done and the progress you've made in only 3 months is insane.

Good on ya - not many people would have the time/patience/ability to be able to do what you've done here.

Keep up the good work; and keep posting updates.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: RE: 9-06-07 project civic PAGE 21 train horn installed