Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Recently purchased Civic Ex

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Default Recently purchased Civic Ex

Ok so recently I purchased this car, and want to put some money on the exterior of it. I want it to look fresh and sleek but only have roughly $1,000.
What is most important to me is getting a new front fender with maybe some fog lights on them. From there I need your expertise. Also I would like to spend the rest of the money on upgrading the engine to make it faster. Don't really want to touch the exhaust. So please guys, post your suggestions I'm open to all suggestions and can't wait to start working on this car.
Here's what it looks like right now :

Old 06-30-2009, 04:02 PM

Only $1000 to work with? That limits you. You can add an intake, header and exhaust but you won't really get more power or speed like you want.

Grab a new fender and grab you some fog lights off of Ebay or somewhere, get yourself some Si or red/clear style tail lights and it'll look a lot cleaner.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:16 PM

Worrd, thanks for the super fast reply btw but what would the intake and headers do? How much do you think the entire car would cost to paint it? Also about the fog lights, do I need a specific front fender?
Much appreciated!

Last edited by SLiiM; 06-30-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:56 PM
HCF Member

Get a 99-200 civic fender lol... ebay is a good place if you want it delivered to your door

and intake and headers..... Make your engine bay look cleaner lol

Old 06-30-2009, 05:18 PM

Hmmm, whats the most cost efficient thing to get for a civic in order to make it have higher horsepower? By cost efficient I mean under like 1500. Please help lol.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by NIKE H34D
Get a 99-200 civic fender lol... ebay is a good place if you want it delivered to your door

and intake and headers..... Make your engine bay look cleaner lol
thats a 96-98 civic not 99-00.
the front end is 96-98 specific. and not sure but i think coupe and hatchbacks are the same but i think sedans are different but im not positive.

but if you only have 1K to spend... your not going to make it noticably faster or look a ton better.

IMO to clean up the car. fix the damage and replace the headlights since those look yellowish. the paint will cost the most. just take the new body panels to a paint shop to have them painted and then you just install them yourself at home and save some cash there..... white shouldnt be to hard to match so unless the rest of the car is banged up then i wouldnt paint the whole thing.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:31 PM
HCF Member

Addiction thanks for the fix... I got mixed up with the other new guy... with the 99DX, and forgot to go back up to picture.

and im with addiction..fix her up for now get it looking how you want

Old 06-30-2009, 05:43 PM

Hmmm, yea you guys are right. I always thought that intake / headers did add horsepower. Also don't flame me but how is this :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...Q5fAccessories

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...Q5fAccessories

Old 06-30-2009, 06:01 PM

Stay away from eBay turbos.. And not to flame, but if your unsure of what an intake/exhaust package would do, you you REALLY think you could successfully Turbocharge your car? You need to do LOTS of reading.. with that Grand make your car look nice, fix any major blemishes and get your car running perfect for the time being..
-Paul

Old 06-30-2009, 06:08 PM

Lol yea I guess you guys are right, I just want to have a faster than usual Civic that looks fresh.

Quick Reply: Recently purchased Civic Ex