Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

shorty antenna install help, also need help installing shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Default shorty antenna install help, also need help installing shift ****

so i got my new shorty antenna in today and im having some problems getting the old one out, can i just unscrew the stock long one and screw this on in or no? it came with a bunch of adapters, any help is appreciated.

i was also wondering how to install my new shift ****, i cant seem to get the old one off

thanks, and sorry for the newbie questions.

Old 09-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: shorty antenna install help, also need help installing shift ****

would help if we knew what year......................................

with my 99 it was just two screws on the roof antena. hardest part is rerouting the antena cable!!!!!! mine had a plug under the dash drivers side.....
when i put in my newer antena my taped wires came off so it took me about an hour to re route the cable!!!!!!!!
i highly recomend using some type of wire or cable to tie to the factory antena wire so when you pull it out it still hangs under the dash so you can tie the new antena wire to it and drag it back thru the pillar and dash like factory... if not YOULL WISH YOU DID! i learned that the hard way! and i had it tied off with some wire and just didnt tape it good enough so when it snaged on something it just got pulled right apart
i still gotta put my stock one back on.... i thought i had a bad antena but after replacing it with a aftermarket longer tellescoping one it didnt help anything and looks uglier than stock!

Old 09-23-2006, 05:18 PM

its a 96' EX Coupe, all the antenna is is a peice of metal, doesnt have any wires or nothing, i thought i could just screw it in where my old one is but i looked at it and i guess not, so where can i get a shorter antenna? or can i just cut my current one?

also, does the stock antenna slide in and out? because mine is really long and it looks as if it slides down in further but it wont move, im thinking maybe its rusted in.

Old 09-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

not sure if your telescops or not.... take out the 2 screws on the roof and pull it out...

for mine since im runnen SAT radio now i dont even need mine except for my BOB & TOM in the morning where my antena is only like half out....
if yours does slide back then id take the antena out slide it back as much as you want and just lay a whole bunch of electrical tape to it... that way the pole cannt slide out past the tape. just acts as a bump stop thats what i plan on doing for mine.

i wish they made a power antena for these roof mounted hondas!