Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Some instructions please....

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Default Some instructions please....

Well i just bought some TYC projector headlights (black housing) and i was going to take my stock ones out to put these new ones in. So i unbolt the two on top...but i can't find where the other one is that is still holding it there. does anyone know how i can get to it? fast responses would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Old 12-05-2005, 09:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Some instructions please....

well i was going to ask what year your car is but i dont no how long its going to take u to anser..but i no with my 99-00 civic, you need to take off the front bumper to get them..to take off the front bumper take out all the plastic clips on the top were the grill is, take out 2 bolts in the underside of the car near the front and 2 screws there as well, and in the wheel wells were the fender meets the bumper there 1 screw on each side..once you got it off you will see 2 more blots you need to take out for the headlights..one thats near the fender and one thats on the opisite side..you will have no trouble at all finding them once you take the bumper off...

Old 12-05-2005, 09:32 PM

well it's a 96-98...so it's pretty much the same right? and thanks for your help. i wanna get them on there already to see how they look on the car. thanks again

Old 12-05-2005, 10:31 PM
HCF Member

ya it will be the same..goodluck with them, post some pics when your finished...oh ya and 1 more thing, before you bolt your new headlights down..make sure you hook them up and turn them on infront of a wall to make sure the beams are the right hight and the same hight with eachother,if not jus move them around and getting to how you like it then bolt them down..if you havent taking your old healights out yet park infront of a wall and mark your stock headlight beam on the wall, then you can just line them up with your other ones after...if you already started dont worry about it..i didn't line mine up and there good

Old 12-05-2005, 10:43 PM

Sorry to butt in here but a question for mill$civic, is that same bumper removal process also required to access the headlight aiming mechanism as well? Just curious as I need to do mine here in Edmonton as soon as it isn't fricken -15C with a -30C wind chill factor... (For you non-metric types, that's just freaking too cold!)

D

PS
Winter sux!
[sm=sick.gif]

Old 12-05-2005, 10:58 PM
HCF Member

your pulling a thread steal lol...just kidding, no aiming the headlights there is 2 bolts or plastic things that you turn to make the headlights aim..one will make it turn right and left and one will make it go up and down..now i no with my aftermarkit headlights i couldent get to the one that made it go up and down because it was in the fender area, im not sure on the stock ones tho...if you want to wate till tomorow i can take a pic for you ( i have my stock headlights in now) and look to see where it is, as far as i no you dont have to take the bumper off to reach thos, they should be right on the back but i havent looked at my stock headlights in a wile...if you already no all this and you just need to no how to get your front bumper off then follow what i sead below to take the bumper off..its the same

tell me if you want a pic of what to turn or not so i dont waste my time if you understand and dont need it

Old 12-05-2005, 11:40 PM

Oops! Apologies to all if I am breaking etiquette or anything - did not mean to alter the thread topic. [sm=imsorry.gif]

As for what the adjustment mechanism looks like, yes I know it is a geared adjustment but for the life of me I could not see how to get to the up/down screw that must be down there. I thought the bumper removal might be the solution to that adjustment as well as for R&R'ing the lamp assembly that Spark originally asked about.

Thanks for the offer on the pics though but I won't ask you to do that for me just yet. I'll have a much closer look again first.